helpme43 vs bank of scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am in the middle of a bank charges reclaim with Bank Of Scotland, whom I have banked with for over 14 years. In the past five years (length I have had this particular acount) I have been charged £7,042 of charges!

I sent the first letter asking for refund of charges on 2/3/07

I received a standard reply within two weeks, saying the FSO gave them 8 weeks to reply.

I sent the LBA on 16/3/07

I then received a second holding letter, apologising for the delay and saying they would reply by 3 May 2007, at the latest.

I am now able to proceed via MCOL, but, due to the size of my claim I am having to hang fire - as I don't have the necessary free cash to pay the court fee for such a large amount - I will launch this claim as soon as I can afford it.

However, in the meantime I have been reading stories of success and otherwise with HBOS and realised that sometimes they take a while to reply. Although it is not ideal I am hoping they will reply without the need to go to court. I am more than happy to negotitate if they try and make me settle for less than the full amount.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Has anyone else had success claiming for such a large amount?

Thanks so much for any help

Helpme43

you will be fine. just keep thinking you are RIGHT and the bank are WRONG. you are having a bit of the pre-case jitters. there are lots of success stories on here for well over this ammount. have a read through the success part on bos section of this site and you will see what i mean.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad: