• Tweets

• I hope what I have written makes sense? I cannot believe they (p2g) or is it Hermes have just gone bang here's £5.   Yes I didnt take out insurance but I shouldnt have to, I have paid for delivery of a parcel and it appears it hasnt been.   Well apparently it has TWICE. Crazy eh.   The thing thats more annoying is my guy from ebay can click tracking from his end and see it says " enquiry closed "   When it isnt, they have just decided to close it.   Looking through some threads it seems a relatively easy process.   I know its going to cost me money but its the principle here and they deserve it   I presume I can just search for this claim letter and amend to suit? Anyone have any tips due to this off situation of it saying delievered (TWICE) then having a postage refund, which I dont want.   Thank you
    • letter of claim time and then on to launching a court claim.   Programmable Search Engine CSE.GOOGLE.COM     click above 100's of threads here you can read.
    • I've made changes to your suggested email. I don't agree entirely with your approach. I feel like this is too weak. Bold are my changes. I'm going to send this tomorrow unless there are some serious issues/concerns around it. Contractually and legally I feel I'm on 100% solid ground. They have breached the CRA and their own contract and I don't feel I have any obligation to allow them to come back to try again. I'm quite sick of this whole situation and want it sorted asap.     Dear XXX   Contract number XXX   Thank you for your letter.   For the avoidance of doubt:   ·         The work was delayed multiple times by yourselves from the outset with poor communication and threats that I could not pull out of the contract (despite yourselves breaching your own contract start date)   ·         Some of your work crew attended my property on the 5th June. They did not address all the issues.   ·         You carried out an attempted repair 11th June. This attempt also did not address all the issues.   ·         On 28th June Matthew Moore attended my property and agreed that the standard of the work was unacceptable.   ·         On the 15th and 16th July some of your employees attended to rectify issues and actually made front drive worse by making unacceptable paving cuts.  This was notice and remarked upon in the inspection report which I have supplied to you.   ·         Some of the rear patio issues were addressed but several remained outstanding and indeed the most serious issues have still not been dealt with.     Communication wise, there has been communication and I have tried to engage. In fact my son has had an amicable discussion with the workers and director when they attended my property. I did eventually refuse to communicate with you via telephone as it was clear that our relationship was deteriorating to a point where things needed to be done in writing. I explained at the time that I wanted to avoid misunderstandings etc. and I was also intimidated by receiving a threatening and aggressive voicemail, which again I have a copy of. I see from your letter that you feel that you want a further opportunity to address the outstanding issues. I am not prepared to allow you to have further opportunities to rectify the work. My reasons are the following   1.       You have not undertaken the work with what could be described in a timely manner. In breach of the contract we both signed   2.       You have not undertaken the work with reasonable care and skill, as evidenced by the multiple failed attempts and subsequent engineer’s report which highlighted serious defects   3.       You commenced debt collection proceedings against me, in an attempt to bypass due process and the County Court.   4.       As per the signed contract, there is an obligation to enter mediation, which you have ignored and refused to engage with   5.       You have been provided multiple opportunities to make good on your contractual obligations and you have failed to do so. Therefore I no longer have faith in your company or your tradespeople.       All of the above leads me to the point where I no longer have faith in your ability to fulfil your contractual obligations. Therefore I have no choice but to request payment from you to make good your defective workmanship   If you are not able to provide me with payment of the amount detailed in my previous email, then the letter of claim is still in force and I shall be issuing proceedings on 9 October. Yours sincerely,    
    • Evening    So i'm absolutely fuming and am a man of principles.   I sent an item via parcel2go through Hermes (Yeah I know) last week.  £5 odd delivery next day blah blah   Now the ebay tracking is slightly different to the hermes tracking, and the ebay tracking has changed today.   As you can see it was due to be delivered 16/9 but there was a delay Then it was 17/09 and it came up due for delivery then the tracking said nothing , then the tracking said the courier was picking up the item 16/9 but I had posted it into a secure locker and it was collected on the 14/9, then the friday 17/9 it said due for delivery, then we heard nothing.    Suddenly on monday 20/09 at 12 noon it said delivered.  Anyway he said no I havent got it.  So I tried to contact hermes ( impossible) and eventually started claim through parcel2go.     This was 20/09   Today 22/09 they have refunded me the £5.44 postage.  I didnt ask for this,  So i got home and messsaged the buyer as we had been chatting via ebay all weekend and he was asking whats happening with the parcel as the tracking made zero sense, then yesterday it updated and said secure delivery 17/09 delivered to household 1159PM!!  Then delivered (again) 20/09 at 12 noon.   So I have a parcel that was delayed twice Then magically delivered twice And now I've been refunded? Despite saying delivered, for a £47 where they are basically saying tough luck heres £5 ps sorry we dont really know what the hell has happened go away     This is the parcel2go claim bit   I havent received any photo/gps stuff from hermes, not sure if I should when I dispute delivery, but surely by them refunding me and closing the case they are saying yeah we messed up   I know its not much but its a pair of headphones that I was paid £47 for via ebay, which now I dont have and it appears I will have to refund the buyer, I dont want a mark on my ebay, and he seems to have been understanding so far.   Anyone have any thoughts   The P2G claim below Unfortunately your enquiry has been rejected. Reason We’re very sorry to let you know that we were unable to approve your claim in this particular instance. Our records show that during the booking process, you opted against taking out parcel protection. Because of this, we unfortunately cannot compensate you for the value of the parcel's contents. We've agreed to refund you the cost of delivery for this order in the hope that it will be of some consolation in this unfortunate circumstance.   Hermes Tracking BELOW FROM EBAY PS enquiry isnt resolved!!!!   22 Sep 2021 6:31pm Enquiry resolved   22 Sep 2021 4:39pm Enquiry resolved   22 Sep 2021 2:52pm Claims code issued   20 Sep 2021 12:00pm Delivered   17 Sep 2021 11:59pm Secure delivery - To household   17 Sep 2021 2:14pm Due to be delivered today   17 Sep 2021 7:59am On its way to the courier   16 Sep 2021 6:38pm Delay - please allow 24 hours   16 Sep 2021 9:56am Due to be delivered today   16 Sep 2021 8:42am On its way to the courier   15 Sep 2021 4:18pm At the customers local depot   15 Sep 2021 3:00pm Delay due to major event   15 Sep 2021 8:06am At the national sorting hub   15 Sep 2021 8:05am At the national sorting hub   14 Sep 2021 7:05pm Entered the Hermes network   14 Sep 2021 2:45pm Collected from the ParcelShop   14 Sep 2021 6:15am Dropped @ Parcel Locker   13 Sep 2021 3:12pm Order placed   13 Sep 2021 3:05pm Tracking number provided      
    • Just a few edits made above...check it over now.
  • Our picks

Elmo73 V Nationwide**WON**

elmo73

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOt sure who they do it but in my case they paid the money in over two days.

The court costs and intrest were credited on 24th and the charges on the 26th.

If its not there by Monday then give them a ring to see what is going on.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Well done everyone!! :D

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

One last question, i promise, i have had a letter today with a breakdown of what they have paid me, and they have only paid me from 5th may 2001, but when i first filed MCOL it was 29th March and they entered a defence on 3rd April. So how come they have only paid me from 5th May??? my first charge was from 4th April 2001, can they do this???

I have been a dumbass again, after going through my spreadsheets and the ones they sent me, it seems that i miscalculated, so the figure they have given me is correct, apart from the dates, but thats only £25, so i am leaving it as it is.

So my final amount was £3359.21.

My next mission is Capital One, so wish me luck.

It took them 24 days to pay up after they entered a defence jennyuk :D

Congratulations

please complete our survey here

Donation? ;)

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

My first post so be gentle :)

From the time you sent the cheque for your statements to the end result of a payout. How long did it take???

I was told to send a postal order instead of a cheque for the statements as the bank can stall.

I have got the first letter written out ready to send. Bit nervous never done this sort of thing before. But intrigued as to how much they owe me.:)

What are your suggestions??

My first post so be gentle :)

From the time you sent the cheque for your statements to the end result of a payout. How long did it take???

I was told to send a postal order instead of a cheque for the statements as the bank can stall.

I have got the first letter written out ready to send. Bit nervous never done this sort of thing before. But intrigued as to how much they owe me.:)

What are your suggestions??

It took me just under 3 months from start to finish.

Just stick to your timescales and don't let them scare you, they will send you a letter saying you can't have the money, just ignore it.

Best of luck and keep us informed how you are getting on.

Forgot to say CONGRATS Elmo!!

Spend it wisely on a few celebratory drinks.:):)

Thanks, its going rapidly but on my debts, so i am going to be debt free at last :-D