Any advice welcome....

ChristinaP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am very new to this, but would welcome any advice possible. I wrote to the Abbey on 28th February requesting bank statements of the last 6 years and enclosed a £10 cheque for their service. So far I have only received the last year and am still awaiting the five previous years. The letter received from the Abbey stated that the previous five years would take longer to retrieve from the microfiche and be printed.

How long is a reasonable amount of time to wait for the 5 previous years?

hi christina it seems to be the norm i just received my statements today as well, only this years it seems it takes longer to send out the microfiche

print outs could take a while good luck

delsie

I think that they are drowning in SARs requests.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

If the bank fails to supply you with your data within the 40 days then you should complain to the bank. Give them 7 days to comply and tell them that you will begin a complaint to the Information Commissioner and also that you will begin a County Court action under the Data Protection Act.

• Haha 1

Thanks for all your advice.

Path finder..... I think I will phone the bank today and ask what they are up to and if I don't get any satisfactory answer then I will send another letter to them with a 7 day turn around.

I will let you know what happens.

Hi Christina

I would suggest not to ring them, just send the letter giving them 7 days. I recieved 14 months worth of statements after 3 weeks, and then all the michrofiche statements a week later. As Rooster says, they are probably drowning in SAR requests. They will just phob you off over the phone saying they are really busy and to be patient.

Path

Just about to put a letter together for the bank and the last 5 years required came through the door this morning. I now have the job of going through them.

What happens next? Do I just highlight the charges and photocopy them and return with the appropriate letter requesting the refund?

You need to enclose a schedule of charges with your letter.

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

See here for a visual guide:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges.

I am having the same problem, waiting for last 5 years - have just called them and been told it could take up to 4 months - ok - As I have been waiting since 21st Feb think I will send them another letter giving them a further 7 days before I take it further.

anybody else out there had same problems, can you help/advise:???:

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Browne.......thank you for the advice. The only thing is I am having problems opening the link to the spreadsheets. Can you please try and resend me the link in order for me to list my charges and have the interest calculated.

Thanks again for you help.

The links to the spreadsheets are not working at the moment. There is an alternative here:

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

which was designed for contractual interest claims, but includes an s69 8% interest sheet.

On the Notes tab, fill in your name, the bank’s name, sort code and account no.

Then click on the Charges and Interest tab and on the left hand panel only fill in the date, type of charge and amount . You don’t need to fill any of the right hand panel.

When you’ve entered all your charges, click on the s69 8% Interest tab . Then save and print out

I have now calculated my charges on a spreadsheet ready for issue to the Abbey. Is there a standard letter I should use to request these charges? What are the time factors? How long do they get to respond before I take it to the next stage? What would be the next stage?

Can't wait to get the ball rolling on this, but need to be sure of the process to be fit for them!

Again, any advice really appreciated.

Hi Christina

You will now need to send a prelim letter asking for Abbey to refund your chanrges, it can be found on the following link:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

You give them 14 days. You will probably get back their standard 'sorry you feel the need to complain' letter that says it will take them 8 weeks to investigate.

Stick to the timetable of 14 days.

Hi Christina

Have a read of this...it explains things easily and gives links to letters etc.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.