delsie v abbey

delsie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya Delsie, if you want your day made against Abbey, take a look around the site, read up as much as you can, in particular the bank section, and the F A Q's. get to know what your doing before you start and then follow in the footsteps of countless others, and good luck.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

• 1 month later...

hi all just received my statements from abbey supposed to be 6 yrs of statements i received one year 2006 to current date, i did ask for all statements relating to my history with abbeys organisation , should i ring them and ask what has happened to the rest or wait to see if they come in the post,also the statements have come in monthly order in seperate envelopes they could have put them in one envelope ?thanks for your help by the way.

you could ring them but they do send them in dribs and drabs to be honest, more delay tactics.

If you are going to call search Sheena Small and you will find the telephone number for the department that is dealing with sending statements

Good luck with your claim

Hi,

I had the same response about 2 weeks after my initial request but this was followed by a letter from Pam Speed informing me that the rest were stored on microfiche and copies would be sent in due course. Reading through historic Abbey posts this seems to be farily standard and you will probably get the same letter soon. When did you send your SAR? My 40 days are up this Saturday and I still haven't had the rest so I'll be getting a non-compliance letter ready any day now!

Ellie

hi elliejay thanks for your advice, i sent my sar on the 8th of march and got a reply today dont know how i got mine so quick hope things carry on the same way good luck with your claim,

delsie

hi all need a bit of help here could anyone tell me if this is right, just received letter replying to my request for statements, it says

i confirm that arrangements have been made for the information i have requested to be sent to you. the transactional information remaining on our systems, normally covering the last fourteen months, will be sent out in the form of individual duplicate statements. you should receive these within five to seven working days of the date of this letter (3rd april) .

any previous transactions have been archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer print out of this information, however, we have made arrangements to send you a list of archived transactions between 2001 and 2005, under seperate cover.

is this right or are they stalling .

many thanks delsie

load of rubbish, check out the microfche argument threads. Its now been proven that abbeys microfiche is subject to the data protection act

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Noob, i think you read it wrong mate, the letter states that they only hold so much information to hand and that will be sent and then they have to go to Ricoh who manage the microfiche and they print it off and send it out, the letter is normal and you will get all your statements, latest first

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

ahh yes sorry all jumped the gun a little therre..sorry I'm in hyper mode at the moment ol

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

many thanks thats set my mind at rest, i read that wrong as well good job this site is here brilliant,would not be able to do it without all the help once again thanks for replying to my cry for help.

noobrider and lula.

delsie

Abbeys fiche printouts are very low rent.

Sorry to 'butt-in', but does this mean the print is likely to fade away before they have to be included in the Court bundle? If so, what a totally scabby trick!!!!!!!!!

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

well unless they have changed since I received some more of mine at the beginning of the year, they are all printed out on paper and wont be fading anytime soon

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

today i have received a printout of 3 yrs of bank charges can't believe things are going along smoothly so far, maybe there putting me in a false sense of security i haven't had my bank acc closed yet or asked for my overdraft to be settled maybe thats next keep you all posted thanks delsie

• 1 month later...

hi everyone, just an update on how things are going, i sent of my charges to abbey last week got a letter from them sat morning saying there looking into my complaint they want to make a thorough investigation and sometimes this takes time.

if they have not contacted me before then they will write to me in 4 (four) weeks to let me know what is happening.are they fobbing me of with this excuse, should i wait or write the next letter and keep on track

would be grateful for any advice many thanks

delsie

Hi Delsie

Well done for sending the first letter, stick to your own timescale, if you followed the advice here and told them they had 14 days then send the next letter on day 15. It's your claim, not theirs!

Good Luck!

I know - It's all very strange and you feel a bit unsure when you first start. But, by the time you've completed this claim you'll know what to do, you'll probably want to do another one and you'll be able to help others with the steps you've already completed!

Abbey do try to stall at every stage! Their letters seem scary, until you compare notes with everyone else and see we've all had the same letters and in most cases the same defence!

Keep posting your progress and yell for help if you need it!

What KellyK says is true, i am now on my third claim and am disappointed that there wont be any more LOL

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

• 5 months later...

hi everyone i seem to have lost the plot with all this have been really busy, is everything on hold at the moment, i am at the stage of going to the court but someone told me there not paying out no more is this true or should i carry on with the court payment and paper work, much appreciated if someone out there could tell me . delsie

Hi, Delsie.

Yes, carry on. Have a look at this.........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/107550-oft-test-claim-what.html

Start your own thread in the Abbey Forum here....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/

People dealing with Abbey will help you out.

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert