Readie Vs NAtwest

readie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi I am in the process of recovering my bank charges on my joint account, these accumulated to £6110 over 6 years so this shows why my finanaces are in such bad order. Read that someone got offered a loan through Natwest to cover their overdraft, I got caught in the same trap. its all paid off now but I still get the odd charges now.

hi I am in the process of recovering my bank charges on my joint account, these accumulated to £6110 over 6 years so this shows why my finanaces are in such bad order. Read that someone got offered a loan through Natwest to cover their overdraft, I got caught in the same trap. its all paid off now but I still get the odd charges now.

Be careful with that figure - £6110

Small claims court - max claim is £5000

Anyway good luck - you will eventually get your money

Over to NATTIE the professor lol

C-L-A-I-M-E-D £1000 W-O-N £1000

small claims court maximum is 100,000 pounds but over the 5K mark costs can be awarded against you if you lose(Doubtful)

Thats a quick correction - hehe

C-L-A-I-M-E-D £1000 W-O-N £1000

Guest NATTIE

I hope you don;t mind me using your thread but i am now aware that the outcome of any amount offered is being put on customer notes available via any branch staff advising of amount and that a letter will be sent out within 21 days. If you want to avoid court or want to know the amount of the offer you can do so. As i said this is a newer development and one that is likely to be charges minus any interest.

gawd and me just finishing my compound CI sheets too

if I turn down plain charges and proceed to court or the brink of courtand fail to get CI am I in trouble?

or will a 8% statutory interest claim in the variance cover my arse?

or are they simply trying to settle people's claims early, nothing more?

I hope you don;t mind me using your thread but i am now aware that the outcome of any amount offered is being put on customer notes available via any branch staff advising of amount and that a letter will be sent out within 21 days. If you want to avoid court or want to know the amount of the offer you can do so. As i said this is a newer development and one that is likely to be charges minus any interest.

Hi Nattie,

Just read this.... very interesting. I just wanted to clarify something, if you were to get this offer prior to filing the N1, and the bank are offering you back all of your charges but no interest (I am using this as a possible senario) would you still be in a postion to maybe accept this as part settlement , and then continue to file your N1 so that you can claim the interest even at just 8%. I am asking this because sometimes the interest at just 8% can amount to quite a bit.:?:

Appreciate your help:)

Hi Nattie,

Just read this.... very interesting. I just wanted to clarify something, if you were to get this offer prior to filing the N1, and the bank are offering you back all of your charges but no interest (I am using this as a possible senario) would you still be in a postion to maybe accept this as part settlement , and then continue to file your N1 so that you can claim the interest even at just 8%. I am asking this because sometimes the interest at just 8% can amount to quite a bit.:?:

Appreciate your help:)

Hi babynan..... soz I'm not nattie, but I'd love to express my opinion on this!!!! I personally feel that if nat west offer all charges back (minus interest) that we should accept. And before I get battered over the head with a big brick, can I just say that this is my own personal view for the following reason: if you hadn't been unlawfully charged by nat west, would the money have stayed in your account long enough to earn any interest on it?

And before I get beaten with aforementioned brick (or stick!!!) can I also say that I'm seriously in debt, never seem to have enough wages to cover the month, and I know I'm in the minority with above expressed opinion!!! I'm not a nat west lover, but I personally feel that if charges are offered, they should be accepted - end of (e.g., don't accept as partial payment and then file for the interest at court!!!)

OK.......... chuck your bricks now folks!!!!!!!!!!!! But regardless, best wishes, hedgey xx ;)

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi babynan..... soz I'm not nattie, but I'd love to express my opinion on this!!!! I personally feel that if nat west offer all charges back (minus interest) that we should accept. And before I get battered over the head with a big brick, can I just say that this is my own personal view for the following reason: if you hadn't been unlawfully charged by nat west, would the money have stayed in your account long enough to earn any interest on it?

And before I get beaten with aforementioned brick (or stick!!!) can I also say that I'm seriously in debt, never seem to have enough wages to cover the month, and I know I'm in the minority with above expressed opinion!!! I'm not a nat west lover, but I personally feel that if charges are offered, they should be accepted - end of (e.g., don't accept as partial payment and then file for the interest at court!!!)

OK.......... chuck your bricks now folks!!!!!!!!!!!! But regardless, best wishes, hedgey xx ;)

I agree :D

it's everyone's choice and right to do what they want but fact remains that when they stick charges on me it annoys me, I have to move money from elsewhere to cover them, perhaps off a credit card, perhaps me and the wife have a row about who took money out of the joint account and unleashed £75 of charges

it's not simply about the charges, there's a great deal of loss involved beyond that

imho, natch

I do agree to a certain extent at the end of the day we didn't have enough money in the bank to cover the transactions so I believe whether right or wrong that the bank have a right to charge a small fee, i'm talking £2.50 to cover there costs but at the end of the month after giving us notice and time to get the money in the account. My belief is the amount they have charged is digusting and cripples alot of people. Many weeks i cried when i went to the bank to find a whole weeks wages swallowed up in charges.

Cheers for the agreement mochamoo....... probably one of the few kittie's in this world that I truly do like and respect!!!

And micky, I know what you're saying - believe me I do. My husband had a nervous breakdown two years ago due to the pressure of debt that the bank charges placed us under. He hid it for as long as he could before he cracked, but too late to stop him being sectioned into a MH unit because he was suicidal. Upshot of that (to cut a long painful story short!) was that he eventually went bankrupt............. bringing a whole host of other problems!!!

Regardless of this, I stand by my post!!!! Would the money have sat in the account long enough to generate shed-loads of interest? I think if you answer from the heart, the answer would be no!!!! But don't take any notice of me.......... I'm just going on with myself- I have a tendency to do that!!! Lol...........!!!! Best wishes, hedgey xxxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

My belief is the amount they have charged is digusting and cripples alot of people.

And I totally agree with this too readie............ the high level of the charges is what cripples us - not the charges per se. Hopefully, we can strike a happy medium at some point in the future............. with enough pressure from us good folk on CAG of course!!!! xx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

putting charges from the previous month in on the day before the salary goes in

another favourite of mine, Smile love that one

I had a screaming row with them a few months ago when they admitted that they processed the overnight debits a split second before credits so the account went overdrawn long enough to incur charges, so the money I'd transferred specifically to keep the account in credit 'arrived' just too late

I'm absolutely convinced that they deliberately manage the accounts and the charges to maximise charges, I see this whole thing as righting a deliberate wrong and they deserve all the good will and forbearance that they showed in the first place

none

with compound contractual interest

I know what you mean, my husband's wages are paid by bacs on a friday and yet they say that any funds have to be cleared 24 hours before direct debits come out. ITS WRONG.

I know what you mean, my husband's wages are paid by bacs on a friday and yet they say that any funds have to be cleared 24 hours before direct debits come out. ITS WRONG.

But on a positive note, once you've reclaimed your bank charges........ you can stay one step ahead of the bank cos' you'll understand all of their littel tricks!!! Not much consolation I know, but at least we'll always understand their charging policies and keep in the clear!!!! xx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Just checked my account and I have had £297 worth of charges added to my account since I sent the first letters requesting statements at least £250 of those have not been included in my claim to them, sent letter threatening court action nearly two weeks ago now.