• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Riskman v Lloyds TSB ****WON****

Riskman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Riskman, you get up early;) MCOL's Court is Northampton, it will be transferred to your local court to be dealt with OK:)

• Haha 1

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Excellant, well done:)

So you sent all of the following, yes? -

a) Your schedule;

b) Your statements showing the charges. Alternatively the list of charges which the bank provided under your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request);

c) A statement of evidence

d) All the statutues and case law on which your claim relies. Ie, UTCCR's, UCTA's, SOGA, case law, etc. You'll find all of this in the Basic Court Bundle.

Yes, as you say, if they don't submit within a further 14 days then the judge will strike out their defence.

Hi GaryH,

I am prepareing for the next stage after submitting my claim on-line. What do you mean by schedule above?

In case you are not aware and as you filed using MCOL send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. and a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours faithfully

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Riskman you need to post on your own thread. You are a little away from having to comply with post 42, if indeed you have to at all. Anyway the schedule is your schedule of charges.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

4 Threads merged, and hi-jack posts moved. Please stick to this thread from now on please - people will find it very hard to advise you properly if there are different bits of your timeline scattered all round the forum.:)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I got a letter from the court saying that Lloyds have acknowleged claim and they have 28 days to respond. Is there anything I should be doing in the meantime?

Not a lot for the time being - you're waiting on a defence.

Just have a good read around the site

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Riskman,

as GaryH says, its plodding along as it should, and you can now join me in the waiting game,:rolleyes: and glean as much info as you can, so you are well prepared for the next step.

Happy claiming:D

and read read and read some:p more

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just received a letter from the court today titled "notice of transfer of proceedings", within it is a 9 point defence by Lloyds. The 9th point is just saying they have denied the claim. Would someone please advise me on what I do next! There is no allocation questionnaire attached, this line has been scratched out. Do I just wait? Do I need to send anything to the court? Do I have to pay any money? Help would be appreciated.

Riskman,

things are going along nicely, keep an eye on your account incase they pay your money in (I keep checking, but nothing yet:( )

Keep reading as much as you can, it is very much a waiting game, LTSB are in no hurry, it just feels like forever.

I have a HSBC claim ongoing, and I'm wondering if I'm a bit special as I have had an AQ for them as well!

read read and read some:p more

Happy claiming:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi,

I have just received the Allocation Questionnaire for the small claims track route. On the front of the form no fee has been hand written, I assume this is because my claim is less than £550.00?

I want to take someone with me for support, does anyone know which section I would put this under?

With reference to section E Experts, I assume that I put nothing in this even if I use some kind of report that others have used in these types of cases?

Do I send in copes of all the letters I have sent to Lloyds? If yes, does this go under section G Other Information?

What other stuff should I be putting under section G Other Information?

Do I need to send anything to their legal representatives or does the court send them a copy of the stuff I submit?

Any other advice would be appreciated as I do not want to loose by making a mistake

See these 2 threads:

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion: N149 & N150

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

Allocation Questionnaire - Draft directions order

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tionaires.html

You can take someone with you as a 'Mackenzie Friend' who can advise you but cannot address the court themselves

It's not a requirement to send SCM a copy but recommended as a courtesy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can someone give me some advice please?

I sent my allocation questionnaire off to the court on Thursday. I received two separate letters from Lloyds solicitors yesterday, both with the same date on. One letter says that they are not prepared to refund my bank charges and that I need to contact Lloyds about my account. The other one is offering to refund the charges and says the offer is confidential and that if I accept I need to sign the offer and return by the 2nd July. If I accept they will pay the money into my account. Once the money is in my account I have to write a letter to the court saying I want to stop proceedings. Is this a new tactic or should I sign and get my money back?

Hi,

Can someone give me some advice please?

I sent my allocation questionnaire off to the court on Thursday. I received two separate letters from Lloyds solicitors yesterday, both with the same date on. One letter says that they are not prepared to refund my bank charges and that I need to contact Lloyds about my account. The other one is offering to refund the charges and says the offer is confidential and that if I accept I need to sign the offer and return by the 2nd July. If I accept they will pay the money into my account. Once the money is in my account I have to write a letter to the court saying I want to stop proceedings. Is this a new tactic or should I sign and get my money back?

Riskman, CONGRATULATIONS:D

No tactic, you've WON:D

Don't sign the letter yet, need to find how you respond:p

Chuffed for you, after the shakey start.

CONGRATS:D :cool:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Congrats!!:D

Riskman, if the offer amount is for your claim, interest and fee as MB has said accept, but on the acceptance letter (never seen one:( ), you need to state that you do not accept any conditions that they are imposing, ie: you may in the future need to put in another claim if they have applied further charges, also no confidentiality, we want everyone to know:p

hope this helps.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08