keep being stalled in gettin previous statements..

vxr-racing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi , wondered if its just me or not but i wrote to natwest requesting my previous 6 years worth of statements showing charges from my account.

i sent off my first letter on the 1st mar , i have since received this back along with a letter (my original letter i sent them has a stamp `recieved 2nd mar my local branch & also 6th mar )

this letter request`s a £5 fee to be sent via return in the way of a cheque or postal order payable to natwest.this was a fee to cover the services i had requested. i sent them a postal order for £5 as natwest wont give me a cheque book... this was sent back to them on the 12th mar.

i have now just received my original letter back again now with a stamp sayin received 28 mar along with another letter requesting a £5 fee for this service this letter is dated 4th april

the thing is they have obviously received my £5 postal order as it was with this letter that they have just sent back to me again . are they seeing how many £5 postal order`s i will send them also i`m still waiting for my account information

is this normal or is there anything i should put in a letter that i shall be returning to them...not with another £5 though...

Guest NATTIE

Why has the request been sent to the local branch and not Retail Regulatory Risk? Send it there and it will not come back that way.

You have to draft a warning letter to them - inform them that you are very upset with their delaying tactics, your initial 40 days deadline is ticking and that since you have enclosed the statutory fee twice (of Which they have re mailed back to you), you could and will use that as evidence when you report them to the body dealing with DPA

i only sent it to my local branch on the ist mar the rest has been to rrr

C-L-A-I-M-E-D £1000 W-O-N £1000

You have to draft a warning letter to them - inform them that you are very upset with their delaying tactics, your initial 40 days deadline is ticking and that since you have enclosed the statutory fee twice (of Which they have re mailed back to you), you could and will use that as evidence when you report them to the body dealing with DPA

i have only sent them the £5 fee once and they have sent my original letter back sayin that it will cost a £5 fee.... almost as if they havnt received my £5 postal order but they must have as it was with the letter that they have just returned back to me again

Is the second £5.00 request business anything to do with the SAR fee being £10.00?

Once they get that, they should then release.

First Class Recorded (Signed for) postage is £1.00 - always use it.

Good luck, vxr.

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

i have only sent them the £5 fee once and they have sent my original letter back sayin that it will cost a £5 fee.... almost as if they havnt received my £5 postal order but they must have as it was with the letter that they have just returned back to me again

Right, Just brief me ....

Have they returned the £5 pound postal order with your original letter?

If answer is no, can you get proof they have cashed It (You can do this if you have a photocopy of the original postal order) + a few details

And just assuming they have cashed It, Is it possible for you to draft a letter informing them that they have already cashed the fee, hence should give you the required information requested as per DPA act, failure to do that- will prompt you to complain to the DPA

But on a different note, why did you send £5? The statutory fee is actually £10: The template used in here advices you submit £10 as this is what the law says:

hi thanks for reply`s everyone

the £5 is in my ... data protection act - subject access request letter with the ticked boxes- the tick is ... `the fee for this service is £5, which covers all accounts requested

but ive already had the same letter before and sent off the £5

You should have followed exactly what the template letter says (enclose the £10 fee): The mistake you did was to follow Natwest's advice over the phone, i.e enclose £5 - they have been telling people exactly that:

it had £5 written in the letter i had from natwest

My point exactly

Its not a matter of them telling you what to do, Its actually the vice versa

Anyway, Good luck - lol

Totally agree with mtamu. Don't let them push you around. They have unlawfully taken penalty charges from you. Which you are LEGALLY entitled to claim back. If you are not sure of anything ask away. Loads of help available here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

These will help you out. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hurraaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! Tot your charges up in one of the spreadsheets............ and get your prelim off!!! Don't forget to send it recorded delivery to the Borehamwood address!!

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.