AOL been taking from account

nybnyb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why did it take two years for the OP to discover they've had money taken from their account each month for 24 months?

Surely if AOL are taking money for that amount of time, without protest, then they continue unless otherwise stopped? What is so unreasonable about that?

Has the OP changed bank, address, reported the credit card lost etc in two years? Is informing your internet provider at the top of your priorities if some of these are the case?

:confused:

It's an unfortunate fact of life that people not of the world of CAG trust their banks and their service providers implicitly; and therefore don't often check their statements. When they do they either have a "no, it can't be" response when they see something wrong, or they mentally attribute it to something else. Eventually when it IS spotted, they go absolutely nuts. I've been there (British Gas failed to take their direct debit for 2 years. I owed them a considerable sum and hadn't noticed). I went NUTS at them.

Guest Bert52

I'm all for consumer power but it has to be recognised that, sometimes, it is our ignorance, being lazy etc that can put us into trouble.

I'm not suggesting that this is the case here but there maybe a simple explanation.

I've been with Onetel for three years and I informed them that I gave up work to study and it would be 3 months before I could finish my fast track course and earn so could we come to an arrangement in the meantime.

A manager came on the phone and said that I can have a 4 month free period until I was back in work as long as I paid the £10 line rental each month and wished me luck for the future.

I didn't ask but it was offered. Great stuff-a saving of about £100 with no obligation on my behalf to commit to anything after this time.

You're their CUSTOMER - i.e. you're the other party in the contract! OF COURSE you're entitled to enforce their duty of care over your money! You're paying them money to provide "Banking Services" - which means protecting your money from unlawful removal by unspecified persons. The idea is, they provide a security framework which allows only people YOU authorise to remove your money. That's what Banking Services ARE!

:-) Now, the way YOU put it makes SENSE;-)

Thank -you

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem, i was beening charged twice for a couple of years the 1st and second week of the month. I complained and cancelled, they stop charging £11.99 per month, but continued to charged me £15.99 per month, i wrote to them again with two bank stament showing my continue charges. They replied saying they have no record of this on their system, and should contact my Bank (which is Barclays fraud department. I don't beleive this is reight because it clearly say the money isngoing to AOL. they own me around £300.00

Any advice. Is this Fraud, should i cliam from Aol of claim from Barclays.