Advice needed

Sweety83

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sweety!

Congrats to you too!

I am in same situation re pending charges and charges taken from my account since filing mcol. I was thinking of possibly phong them to ask for charges back & pending to be stopped... thing is I am a true wimp when it comes to phong banks, they give me the heeby-jeebies!

So my plan B was to wait until the pending charges have been taken and then send a preliminary letter to Alan Pretty asking for refund.

What do you think you will do? I know in some cases where the amount has been relatively low the bank refund quite quickly.

sops 8)

I think I will ring the bank and if they don't refund the charges then I will send a preliminary letter. I am a little worried that by denying them confidentiality and then hassleing them about more charges that they will withdraw there offer. So I am going to wait until the money hits my bank account before ringing them to ask about the charges applied since I filed my moneyclaim.

I posted my letter back to DG solicitors on Friday with the confidentiality agreement crossed out and received a letter this morning saying that my money will be paid into my bank account in the next few days. WOOHOO!!!!

fantastic news, congratulations

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

My money was refunded to my account a few days ago which is great.

So today I rang HSBC to try and get them to refund the charges applied to my 2 accounts in June and to stop the pending charges in July. I had a 17 minute debate with the man on the other end telling me that the charges were fair and justified. I explained that I had already successfully claimed against HSBC and I have no problem with doing that again. He said that he was sorry but they were unable to refund charges over the phone. So I am going to have to think about where to go now. I know it sounds silly as I have just had my money refunded but I just can't afford the charges coming out in July. My husband has not worked since last November so every penny is vital.

What a nightmare!

My money was refunded to my account a few days ago which is great.

So today I rang HSBC to try and get them to refund the charges applied to my 2 accounts in June and to stop the pending charges in July. I had a 17 minute debate with the man on the other end telling me that the charges were fair and justified. I explained that I had already successfully claimed against HSBC and I have no problem with doing that again. He said that he was sorry but they were unable to refund charges over the phone. So I am going to have to think about where to go now. I know it sounds silly as I have just had my money refunded but I just can't afford the charges coming out in July. My husband has not worked since last November so every penny is vital.

What a nightmare!

spiceskull has some great posts regarding this type of thing, basically jsut go straight to the lba stage , but modify your letter slightly to say that you already succesfully had you charges reclaimed, blah blah blah.

be aware though that hsbc are starting to get a bit unhappy at those which ask for their charges back more than once, so make sure you have a parachute opened before doing anything

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Thanks for your advice Maverik I have already got an account open and I have decided to use it anyway so that part isn't a problem. I will read Spiceskulls post as you suggest.

Hello, congratulations to you both on getting your money back!

I'm with HSBC too and am thinking of claiming back my charges but am concerned they would try to close down an existing loan that I have with them. Have they mentioned closing down your account or taking any kind of action like this? Thanks for your help.

Hello, congratulations to you both on getting your money back!

I'm with HSBC too and am thinking of claiming back my charges but am concerned they would try to close down an existing loan that I have with them. Have they mentioned closing down your account or taking any kind of action like this? Thanks for your help.

they cant close down a loan with you or ask for early repayment, as not only is it seperate issue but it would be breach of contract on their part, so dont worry , now have a good read of the faq's and when your ready , start your own thread and put in any questions there , ok? :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks