Counter Services

sgj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

could someone please help, I have just found out that as from 7 May this year I am going to be prevented from using the counter services in my bank, which happens to be the Halifax, and I am just about to send the prelim letter off, but I don't think that has anything to with it, it's because i have a Visa Electron Card. This is going to effect hundreds of people, and my question is, is it worth persuing the online banking idea, or telephone banking, and to top that if I ever have to go into the bank for advice it's going to cost, THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

Hi jadzia I found this out when I had to go in to enquire about my benefits havin been swallowed up in some other made up charge and the lady that I was talking to just happened to say, oh by the way, did you know. As I have said I think this is horrendous.

They've probably done it as retaliation for all of us who reclaim our bank cahrges,afterall,its people like us with lesser accounts and no money that are claiming,and how else do they get back at us??,btw,have you seen the thread on here about the bank taking your benefits?

I think you may have got your wires crossed (but i will stand corrected if not)

A Visa Electron card is for Electronic use only

i.e you cant use it to get money over the counter with (a manual transaction) - only from cash machines, cash back, epos etc where you use chip & Pin.

I think this will be what they were refering to when they say you cant use the counter service.

Paul

"However,you won't be able to use the branch counter to make withdrawals under £300,deposits or carry out routine account enquiries"

This is what it says on their website with regards to the cardcash account,which i have,i have always used my electron card to pay in money or cheques even postal orders,they swipe it for the account info because they dont give you a paying in book,so from may,if i dont have enough cash in the bank for a dd or so,i will be a bit stuffed,because i usually beg the money off my mum for a couple of days,and she takes my card and goes and pays it in the day before so i dont get bounced dds and more flamin charges,and if she cant do it over the counter,how do i make sure its in the account on time?

The withdrawal bit wont affect me though,

a;becuse theres never any money left after bills anyway,lol,

and b;i use cash machine for withdrawals.

No you are not allowed to pay in funds under £300 over the counter either. You have to use a machine to pay any less in or put it in an envelope to be credited to your account at the end of the day. Except Saturdays & they won't put it into your account till Monday close of business

I believe this is discrimination.

Halifax started this a couple of months ago in my area. I have another account with another bank so have pulled my money from Halifax & have closed my account.

Hi!,

Absolutely,totally agree,and whos to say that if you put it in their box it will be credited on time?,i know the likelihood is it will,but if its not for some reason,then your dd or so dont get paid,you can bet your life they will charge you £39,and put you od,then charge you £28 for the privelage of your u/a od!!,but of course it will all be your own fault for being poor in the first place!!!

And as for the electronic immediate deposit thingys,they dont have them in small branches,so its tough luck if you dont live in a main town or city.:mad:

Never mind "Right of Appropriation".

Under s.187 of the Social Security Administration Act 1992 it is unlawful to take certain benefits as charges FULL STOP. Right of Appropriation is a last resort which you will only be permitted to use a few times before they close your account.

187.—(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of or charge on—
  • (a) benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

• (b) any income-related benefit; or

• © child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bankruptcy of a beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors.

Is this correct?????

I am a Basic Account Customer and have an electron card and regularly pay in amounts over the counter, which I expect to be credited to my account immediately, not at the end of the business day??? I am fuming and will be asking for my wages to be paid into my Barclays account from now on!!!!

yes Layla-ck

This started back in my Halifax bank a little under 2 months ago. I have withdrawn my funds & no longer use it but I expect this is a sign of things to come.

When I win the lottery I am buying 10 rottweilers, hiring a kennel maid, vet, security guards etc & an extremely durable safe until I find an alternative destination because I wouldn't sleep at night knowing any of the UK banks were making money out of me!

I would have to move abroad, I think it would be the only sensible

option :D

:) Hubby always says I am an eternal optimist!