Harejon V Hsbc

harejon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

This is my first post. I am in the process of attempting to reclaim my bank charges from HSBC. I have retrieved my bank statements and sent a letter stating my claim and giving them 2 weeks to respond. Those 2 weeks ended on Thursday (5th April 2007). Due to a lack of response I now need to start court proceedings, my branch of HSBC was a small one in Morrisons, Ipswich. The postal address for this branch is a PO Box in Coventry. I can't see the courts would be happy with this as the contact address for HSBC so what address should I use?

Thanks very much. :)

For background, I closed 2 accounts with HSBC 2 years a go as I was sick to the back teeth of their immoral bank charges, I always said their charges were legalised stealing. Now I know it's just stealing. ;) My claim is for £1797, as it's going to court I intend to claim the interest too raising my claim to around £2300.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's excellent, thanks.

I will post all process on here and donate when I receive my money. 8-)

After viewing this website it's definately now a when, you have to love the power of the internet.

Thanks again.

right I'm now following the plan on this website and have sent an LBA today. The clock is ticking. :cool:

Thanks netty, I created a profile a couple of weeks back (I had another from 3 years ago but can't remeber the login) so I've had a look.

I have to say without this site I think I would have bottled it with the response people seem to be getting from HSBC. Not now though, I'm ready. :)

cracking site ad cracking people. people power hey?

• 3 weeks later...

Claim started and paid for today, that's another £120 worth of expense for HSBC :D

ok this is from getting mcol right:

After You Have Issued Your Claim

Your POC's state that you will be supplying a schedule of charges, but MCOL does not allow you to attach it to your claim at the time of filing.

So, once you have filed your claim, you need to send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

Quote:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

then:

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim. Their name and address will be on page 2.

Quote:

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

(If, and only if, you are claiming overdraft interest on your penalties, also include this paragraph)

I understand you have a policy of initially rejecting claims for overdraft interest. However, should this be the case after you have reviewed my claim, you should be aware that my claim for overdraft interest has been meticulously calculated and double checked. It only ever relates to the cumulative charges within the overdrawn balance of the account at the point that the overdraft interest was debited

If it is that in your view the interest is not claimable, I am prepared to discuss this with yourseves and the judge in court.

Yours sincerely,

Hi Lateralus,

I sent that letter + 1 copy of the shedule today as per the guide. it didn't mention sending 2 copies (unless I missed it). Also the schedule in the templates didn't have a place for the case number, do you think I should send 2 copies again with the claim number added or are you just being cautious? :confused:

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Jon

it does say claim no.xxxxxxx on both letters - it should get matched up with your name on it so just leave it.

just before the first letter is says send two copies -

hope you read all the other instructions carefully! lol you might have them suing you or something.!!!!

it doesn't say 2 copies here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

I switched from the guide to the mcol link and created my letter to the court via post #2 where it says 'Once you have submitted your claim by MCOL you need to send your schedule of charges to the court to be served with your claim'.

bugger!

don't sweat it - one copy will do - because you are sending dg one anyway and that's where the other would go - no big deal and i'm sorry - i thought you were taking it from my post to you above........

try to relax - as long as your name is on the claim and the figures back up your breakdown - everything is ok!

I'd already posted the letter before you'd posted your err...post.

Thanks for your help. :)

An update

Wed 9th May - notice of issue received from the courts in the mail

Wed 9th May - Claim acknowledged

I noticed on my claim I missed of 2 of the leading zeros on one of my account numbers, I specified my account number as 00**** rather than 0000**** for one account but correct on the 2nd. I've also missed the 2 leading zeros on both of my breakdowns. How should I play this? Obviously I need to make all parties aware. :confused:

well, you are going to send dg a copy of your breakdown - just put the two zeros on that one.

as for the court - try ringing or writing to them and just advising them that the account numbers for claim no. xxxxxxxxxxx are ..... and .....

put the correct one first and the incorrect - with the two added 00's on second. i'm thinking it won't harm your claim but you do need to clairify it. - i'd hate to tell you that and then the correct advice be that you need to file an N244 amendment (costing £35), so maybe you'd better ring the court and tell them that you left off two zero's at the beginning of your second claim number and ask whether that will be a problem. i'm thinking as it's zeros and at the beginning of a number they may (or may not) be incidental to the actual account number. best ring and ask the court.

Sat 12th May - Acknowledgment received in the post.

I'll send the updated schedule and contact the courts Monday. Thanks latty.

just a quickie, I'm about to send my scehdule of charges to DG but do I need to include the 8% column from the spreadsheet on the schdule? I've read so much on here now I can't for the life of me remember. :confused:

and also, if I do include that column, should it be as it was as at the issue date and not what it is currently?

Thanks a lot.

Hi harejohn, yes you do send it with the 8% interest. Try and use the original one you used for your court claim and add on the bottom how many days since filed + daily interest rate @ £x.xx = Total claim to date.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

hi jo,

I have 1 spreadsheet (the one from the templates on here) which still has the formulaes so each time I access it it's the claim as it is now and 1 spreadsheet with the values fixed as at date of issue.

shall I just print the spreadsheet as it is today or the fixed one (as at issue date) with an update at the bottom? does that make sense. :confused:

I would send the one that agrees to your court claim with the added bits on the bottom that way it all ties up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

In that case, there isn't a date anywhere on the spreadsheet to indicate that this was the value of the claim at the date of issue. Obviously I don't want to deviate from the tried and tested route, but should I add one?

Are you familiar with the simple spreadsheet I'm using from the templates library?

Thanks again.

I used the simple spreadsheet from here aswell. I just added an extra line under the court reference and put in Date of Claim xx.xx.xx.