Question re: Reclaiming Business account bank charges

KARENN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Im new to this forum, I am in the process of reclaiming bank charges from lloyds tsb...i have had my statements back and have sent the claim in..fingers x

I just wonder is it possible to reclaim bank charges that occured in a limited company that my partner (who died last july) was the director of.?

I am his personnel representative, and wonder if it is possible would i be entitled to reclaim these charges.

The company was wound up about 3 years ago, but during this time loads of bank charges were incurred.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can claim business bank charges, see here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/64975-business-claims-basic-guide.html

You say the company was wound up, do you mean liquidated, if that is the case then little point in claiming the charges as any sums would be entered into the liquidation and maybe distributed to creditors, or used to cover liquidators fees etc.

If just ceased trading then maybe worth pursuing, subject to that below.

Notwithstanding the above, I am not sure of the position as to whether you can commence the proceedings on behalf of the company as I presume you are not are director. You say you are his personal representative, but I am not sure what that actually means from a legal standpoint.

Maybe you could elaborate on the above points.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.