Jane Vs Hsbc

Janeyg32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

welcome to the forum..........

janey - do you mean six years. have you made a list to go with the letter - don't send statements or copies of s tatements. you need to have the charges in a list format - oldest first, name of charge and amount.

a list is fine for the first two letters - after that - when you file your claim - they should be on a spreadsheet - which figures the 8% interest you will add on at the claim stage.

good luck with your claim - don't be surprised to hear nothing back or a letter saying go away or even a letter saying they are looking into it -

just stick to the schedule.

Guest littlesally

Have a good read of the various threads and the FAQs as most of the answers to any questions will be here, or if you get stuck post your question here and someone will be along to help.

From what I've read recently, banks are taking longer as they are being swamped with requests.

It's a pity the chatroom is still closed as that place can really help with any doubts and fears you have.

Also good for just unwinding and having fun.

Still hopefully it won't be long.

It's basically a waiting game, seeing who can out stare the other - don't be the one to look away.

Many people do at this stage and give up.

Make sure you stick with the winners and you will be one!

Sally x

yes sorry i meant six years worth of statements, i have listed all charges with charge value, the date it was charged and the interest on this then the total, i have not put what the charge is for but most say total charges on the statements so will leave the spreadsheet as it it. thanks for your help this site has been really helpful.

on the spreadsheet, just type in exactly what it says the charge is for janey... if it says total charges, card misuse, reversal of dd etc, just type that in. they will need this information when it comes to checking out each transaction to see whether it's a valid claim or not.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

thanks netty i will put what the charges are for then just that I could not get to use the calculator on this site it kept coming up in dollars so I have had to use another site for my spreadsheet.

janey - if, by interest on this, you mean the 8% interest - figured by the simple spreadsheet or by some interest calculator - we don't advise asking for the interest until you get to the claim stage. if, you mean, the interest that shows up on your statements as an interest debit - with a DR next to it - that is overdraft interest and you don't just add it in with the charges - there is a complicated formula to figure how much of each interest debit is related to the reclaimable charge. you must use the advanced s/s to calculate it - and while the s/s does all the calculations - you will find that some, none or all of each interest debit is reclaimable.

so, if you meant that - we will have to get your spreadsheet sorted before you will know how much it will add. get back and let us know what you meant by interest so we can help you get it right - better to delay a day and get it correct than to make a mistake now that would be much more complicated to resolve at a later stage.

that is very strange about the s/s coming out in dollars - even mine didn't do that and i'm an american - lol.

hi again, the spreadsheet i used was where I put in the date of the charge and it works out how much interest calculated, eg charge value 27.50 on 30/03/2001 interest 13.28 so total would be 40.78. I used a calculator on a money site called MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more it did not advise on there to not ask for the interest now? as I am on the letter asking for my charges back how do I claim it at a later stage?

i went on the moneysavingsexpert website not whatever it brought up on my last message!! Im getting confused now, the spreadsheet seems the same format as the one on here but have tried for ages to use the templates on here and cannot get it to do pounds/stirling always comes in dollars.

janey, i know the spreadsheet in mse is easy but there's not enough detail on it. the spreadsheets on this site are a doddle once you get the hang of it - everything is worked out for you. the mse site is okay, but you'll find more help and support (all the way through the process) from this one.

well, different strokes for different folks (old saying) now i guess it should be different strategies for different sites. yes, we know mse advises asking for the interest with the first letter, we say not until you file your court claim. that's after the first two letters.

maybe you could try once more - here is a link to the s/s - if it's coming out dollars i have to assume it's your computer -

England - Simple - Excel

England - Simple - Works

England - Simple - OpenOffice

try one of these and then another one - if they are coming out in dollars someone here must know how to sort it - it will be one of those right click thingys - i'm such a baby at this stuff.

i'll find out how to change your puter and get back.

thanks for spreadsheets but honestly tried loads of times and cannot get them to work they only come up in dollars have tried loads of different things, I will write out what all the charges are for, if anyone can help me use the spreadsheet on this site it would be a great help. Surely it wont harm anything if I ask for the interest charges as well now? If this is what most people do I will do it but just think if asking for it anyway what does it matter when you ask for it?

to be perfectly honest, i initially did the spreadsheet from mse too. but i had to do a simple one from here for the detail in anycase. can't understand why it's coming up in dollars. lats is looking up the answers for you so give her 5 ok. don't worry - we'll get you up and running in no time lol

ahhhh, that part i like, you see............i'm def a people person - i write like i talk - on and on and on and on and on and on ad nauseum............

just ask my o/h and my sons and my friends and all the peeps on this site!