Claim rejected (Need Advice)

princess26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I started my claim against Lloyds TSB just over four weeks ago i am owed just under £1150.00. I received a letter back after 14 days saying they were looking in to so i sent the 2nd template later saying they need to settle with in 14 days, they sent me another letter back last Thursday full of rubbish saying they have to charge this that and the other because of the administration work that is carried because of going over your overdraft and unpaid direct debits etc: I really did not want to drag it out mainly because a work colleague claimed against HSBC and received a full refund with 22 days :( just my look hey!

Any way i was looking on the Money Saving Expert website and it says if you receive a second letter fobbing u of then to send another template saying u are willing to accept 25% less if they settle within 14 days, i have been reading through the threads and i cant see anyone else that has done this! What do u suggest i do, shall i proceed to the next step and file a claim online or send another letter for 25% less or is path this just pro-longing the process?

:confused:

I would say from listening from other people that you should plough on regardless - look at my thread "Ms Banana Vs Lloyds TSB" and read the advice from barty and Darling2, they seem to know what they're doing....

You are at the same stage as me - I have been told to progress whether I hear back or not, and file a claim at the court...

I didnt hear back from lloyds after my LBA letter, so I am going to go ahead with the claim...

good luck:)

Hi all

I started my claim against Lloyds TSB just over four weeks ago i am owed just under £1150.00. I received a letter back after 14 days saying they were looking in to so i sent the 2nd template later saying they need to settle with in 14 days, they sent me another letter back last Thursday full of rubbish saying they have to charge this that and the other because of the administration work that is carried because of going over your overdraft and unpaid direct debits etc: I really did not want to drag it out mainly because a work colleague claimed against HSBC and received a full refund with 22 days :( just my look hey!

Any way i was looking on the Money Saving Expert website and it says if you receive a second letter fobbing u of then to send another template saying u are willing to accept 25% less if they settle within 14 days, i have been reading through the threads and i cant see anyone else that has done this! What do u suggest i do, shall i proceed to the next step and file a claim online or send another letter for 25% less or is path this just pro-longing the process?

I agree with Msbanana - Don't give in, do not offer to except 25% less, why should you:-? it's ALL your money by rights, why let the bank keep any of it, they certainly would not do the same for you if you owed money to them that was rightfully theirs............Just plod along, stick with the timescales in the template letters, you will get there in the end - GOOD LUCK:D

Hi all

This is perfectly standard behaviour from Lloyds - stick to your timescale and you will get back all your money

I am at the next stage- have filed my case and got a court date for the middle of summer- hang in there- it will be worth it in the end- well thats what i keep telling myself- good luck

blonde!! no jargon please