Letter of action lost - don't know what to do now!

JenniBee8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Hope someone can help me! I posted 2 letters before action to Halifax on 31st march by recorded delivery (I'm claiming charges on 2 accounts)

One was signed for on 3rd april but the other one has gone missing and royal mail said they can't find any trace of it on their system. They said if I don't hear anything by 21st april I can claim compensation. I don't know which account the LBA has been lost for so I really don't know what to do - still haven't heard anything back from Halifax re the other one.

Do I resend both letters? I am so stuck because now my timescales will be off? help! thanks

Hi Jenni,

Firstly there's no need to panic. :) If you are unsure which account has been lost why don't you resend each LBA in the same letter (providing theya re goign to the same dept.) and include a cover letter to explain that Royal Mail have lost one of the original letters so as a goodwill gesture you are going to give them a further 7 days before you proceed with court action.

Don't worry about it adding extra time to your timescale - it's not a problem. :)

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Timescales are always calendar days not working days. I have never sent anything recorded, just a certificate of posting (free from the PO) and if that's good enough for a court, it's good enough for me.

But if you're still worried do as Lucid suggests