cabot financial and associates card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

does anyone know of any link to associates visa card.

or the address of them had a card since 1997 and was past over to westcot 2005 just about to pay them in full but would like to send vias a letter regarding back charges kind regards

The associates were taken over by Citi Group in 2000.

Head over to the CitiCards section here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/citicards/

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

hi everyone oops sent off to southend -on-sea with my £10 cheque been told assocates have taken over by this group of cash and grab people. anyway wait and see if my request returns in the post. my tail starts in 1997 got out a visa assocates card was past over to cabot financial 2001 still paying £67 per month was going to pay it full £1400 balance but looking now to turn the table shall i stop paying cabot and send them a letter or keep paying thanks for help

can anyone send me up the right road

ok had a associates card taken out 1997 past over to cabot 2001

paying £67 per month for the last 8 years

n just had a letter off them current balance £2,331 will close the account if i settle £1400

sounds good just been told associates had been taken over in 2002 by citicards

something group shall i settle the account or wait and see if my letter returns back return to sender cheers

I would keep paying especially if you have a payment agreement. Any money you get back should come to you. Its up to you if you use it to pay off cabot financial or not.

If you stop paying cabot financial may start chasing you for the money in full and it could get messy.

Citi Cards - £800 - N1 Form logged at court

Defence entered

£279 refuned £521 outstanding on claim

Hearing 15th Nov 2006

Hearing 18th Jan 2007

Defence Stuck out - £549

March 07 Bailiffs called in to collect

20/4 Cheque for £549 - I WIN

Abbey - Setteled in full 9th Nov 2006 £3,300

Abbey - Data Protetion Act informtion

ICO complaint logged

Abbey - N1 Logged - 12/02/2007 £933

FOS Complaint logged 07/03/2007

£180 refunued -Good will Gesture 01/04/2007

Hearing 15th June 2007

Capital One Refunded £50

Egg - Data Protection Act request

Returned charges £80

As I haven't seen you post on the Cabot forum yet, I thought I'd just mention something here.

If it's Cabot who are chasing you, then whoever has taken over who is irrelevant. Cabot don't collect for anybody other than themselves, as they buy the debt.

If I were you, I wouldn't be so hasty in paying this amount to clear it off. You don't say what the original amount was, but £67/month for 8 years is nearly £6500.

Please start a thread about this so we can see where you're at and we can get stuck in to help.

If you want to CCA them use leter N from the templates library and send £1.

The tenner is for a SAR request, which if you word it properly would include all contracts anyway so might be worth considering.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

• 3 weeks later...

just to up-date everyone on my ongoing claim. sent cabot a cheque for £1400 for finale settlement to close the account.in the mean time citicards who sold the debt to cabot sent me the form to fill in and requesting proof of id sent this to manchester to richard cooke by reg-post.just waiting on the statements to arrive.

• 2 months later...

yes yes yes yes after 54 days my statements have arrived with a apologies lol. thank you richard.

ok now i only got 2001 lol and one page of 2002 but is it late charges i claim for. as it states overlimit charge £20.late charge.£20 intrest.£82.94 etc etc total £860

or do i leave out the intrest

cheers

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I am a newbie here and wondering if anybody can assist me, I had an associates visa card and CITI then rebranded it, I sent a letter to CITI at the end of May regarding the PPI and that I felt I had been missold it.

I recieved a reply dated the 2nd July saying they were looking into it, then I recieved another letter dated the 4th July saying that I had ticked the box on the application form therefore they had not missold it, I remember quite clearly ringing up the old ass office in Chester and asking them what it covered, I was told that it covered me for all illness and injury and would recover the repayments.

I have asked for a copy of the application form, what wories me is that when I telephoned on the 4th July I was told that the card was still active as I had reported it stolen! which was a shock to me as I hadnt and the account hadnt been used for at least four years also the PPI was still active on the account.

Is this a usualk tactic of CITI just to say no and does anybody have any advice regarding the tick in the box issue

many thank