Jump to content

taing claim to court


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,


As a very nervous member just getting ready to take her claim to court, I'd really appreciate some advice. I've had a look around here and the county courts website but can't quite figure out how to go about lodging my claim in the courts.


  1. I live and work in different counties, does it matter where I lodge the claim.
  2. Is the claim letter here (particulars of claim) all I need to lodge the claim?
  3. I've checked and can see there will be a £120 fee for my £1500 claim, I know I can claim this back from HSBC, but do I list it in the particulars? If so, would I incur other charges and how could I know what they might be?
  4. Do I lodge the claim in person at the court?

Thanks in advance, Jo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly I assume you've already sent the prelim and LBA letters?


1. You can file the claim at whichever County court is convenient.

2. POC's are entered on form N1 + a schedule of charges

3. Court fees are automatically added to your claim. Later there is also an allocation fee of £100 payable on claims of over £1500

4. Either in person or by post.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...