Is HSBC the worst bank in the UK?

Canoga Park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been banking with HSBC for a while, initially they seemed alright (looking back I think it was a trap they set to lure me into banking with them). Six months into banking with HSBC things began to go awry - I mean my HSBC credit card was withdrawn.

I was out of work for over a month of which I notified them but they decided to arrange for an overdraft which they said must be paid within the month. Unfortunately I could not make the payments and that led to them to also withdraw my Maestro debit card was replaced with a Solo debit card. I was literally forced to close the personal loan I had with HSBC and set up a managed loan.

Whenever I try to speak to someone my call gets transfered to either India or Malaysia and you all know it's not particulary cheap to call 0845 numbers and to make it worse, sometimes you could be holding on for over 10mins just to get a call centre staff to deal with your queries.

Lastly, I know they have seized the opportunity to charge me like they have done to thousands of customers across the country but I will not let this rest as I know through print media that HSBC boss received £8.5m in 5 months out of the whole year.

No. Barclays are the worst bank in the UK. They have assisted me over my past financial difficulties by relieving me of over £2k in charges and now they won't even give my wife a decent account.

And they got their debt collectors to chase my father-in-law for his debts, even after he'd killed himself because he couldn't pay them.

Hi Canoga.

You'll find that they were all made from the same mold.

Spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions.

Next start your own battle-thread in the HSBC forum and use that to post any questions and progress reports. Try to keep your thread up to date so that we can give you the most appropriate help, should you need it.

Read some of the longer threads in the HSBC forum to get an idea of what to expect.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....