Yid v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my first sar letter today so from what I've read on here I expect to hear the from them with their bog standard stuff within a couple of weeks.

Iwill keep you informed of any progress in this thread:smile:

• 1 month later...

Keep at them Yid, they will string it out and make it as difficult as they can.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yid im at 60 odd days and still got nothing.I also phoned them 3 times and sent a letter stating they have 7 days to get my statements too me.I hope you have more luck than me.

On the phone as I type talked to a very pleasent sounding young lady who has put me on hold twice but seems very vague in what she is doing she is now claiming that she can find record of my letter. she is going to send an email the appropriate department. She said that it could take 6-8 weeks I have told her that I will give them a small period of grace to get the documents requested to me but I will continue the 40 day period from when I sent the sar.

heres hoping I get some action from them

I presume that you sent the letter Rocorded delivery?

And how did you pay for the SAR? (the £10 fee)

Keep at them, Did they offer to send you a list of the Bank Charges? Also ask for your request to be forwarded to the complaints department.

Don't worry it will come.

Like a fool I sent my sar 1st class instead of recorded but I was a bit nrvy and inpatient but I'm not letting that stop me I sent them the £10 be cheque which hasn't been cashed yet but still after talking to them on the phone yesterday I'll wait and see what happens ( but not too long)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I had loads of trouble requesting my statements from the Halifax. I'd sent the request and £10 cheque recorded delivery (which they cashed) and waited months and months (to be fair I had forgotten about it!). When I finally decided to do something about getting my statements I rung the Halifax Telephone Banking - who are pants! What number are you ringing because when I called the Halifax telephone banking they were rubbish but they gave me: 01422 326 398 to ring. I don't know who they were but they resent my statements to me straight away.

Good luck!

On the phone again speaking to moira she has put me through to the people who deal with this and all I'm getting is a recorded message stating that if I'm calling about am S.A.R then it will be wih me with in a 40 day period. The line has gone dead so I will try again.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP! I'm a bit confused over which spread sheet to use as the all they have sent me is a list of charges with the date and dr after the amount of the charge?

The spreadsheet you need is the simple one. This then adds up all the charges for you aswell as calculating the 8% interest claimable at the court stage. Do not delete any of the example charges as this will delete all of the formulas. Just type over the top and then delete the ones that do not apply to you. Remember to start with the earliest charge first.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Just been sitting here doing my spread sheet and I've noticed that a lot of the charges have been printed twice on the list that they sent me its almost the whole of the charges for 2004 a few hundred quids worth, and we trust these people to look after our money.