Ms V Argenbright - I have all your Capital One Details (in error)

Stornoway

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sent off a s78 request to Capital One and have received;

- copy credit agreement and application form for a Ms Argenbright (i.e. everything that would be required to steal an identity)

- a very personal letter addressed to a Mr Stone in xxxx (discussing payment amounts)

- several years of copy statements for a Mrs Chlopecki's Mastercard.

If you are one of these people then please PM me.

Meanwhile I will be lodging a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner !!!!!

This is outrageous - worst of all there is no sign of my credit agreement, I wonder who has it ?

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Hi Stornoway,

I'm pretty sure that if you get sent somebody else's details by mistake that you are not allowed to keep hold of it. I think you should probably get in touch with Capital One asap or the Information Commissioner.

Also, I don't think it's such a good idea publicising the names of the people whose data you've been sent. It's probably very unlikely, but you could get contacted by dishonest people who would have (as you say) everything that would be required to steal an identity. It probably is an unlikely outcome but you need to be careful with this.

I think definitely get in touch with one of the organisations to arrange collection of the information.

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Stornoway,

I'm pretty sure that if you get sent somebody else's details by mistake that you are not allowed to keep hold of it. I think you should probably get in touch with Capital One asap or the Information Commissioner.

Also, I don't think it's such a good idea publicising the names of the people whose data you've been sent. It's probably very unlikely, but you could get contacted by dishonest people who would have (as you say) everything that would be required to steal an identity. It probably is an unlikely outcome but you need to be careful with this.

I think definitely get in touch with one of the organisations to arrange collection of the information.

Lucid :)

Thanks Lucid. I'll be very careful with this info and a complaint will be on its way shortly to the FSA and the Info Commissioner. I did phone Capital One earlier today who it has to be said were pretty disinterested and didnt even ask for the docs back ! Amazing !

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Unbelievable. :rolleyes: Be sure to let the FSA and IC know that as well then. It really does make you wonder how often this happens where it does fall in to the wrong hands.

Good luck. Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

About 10 years ago, Barclays gave my personal account details in the branch(including o/d etc) to my mother as the accounts were "connected" as we run a business together. Luckily I whipped it out of her hands before she realised quite how bad with money and in debt I was! Following the advice of a high flyin' london barrister who I met in the pub, I wrote to my manager, pointing out how my reputation may have been damaged as my mother is of a generation who doesn't believe in debt, my inheritance compromised etc etc and received £500 (quite a lot of money then) back very quickly - moral - no harm in asking!

• 1 month later...
Thanks Lucid. I'll be very careful with this info and a complaint will be on its way shortly to the FSA and the Info Commissioner. I did phone Capital One earlier today who it has to be said were pretty disinterested and didnt even ask for the docs back ! Amazing !

TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE!

As a mod said to me:

"And they are supposed to be looking after OUR money.!!!!!!!!!!!"

Actually, I wouldn't have worried TOO much about posting these folks' names here - you will have bits and pieces on these statements/letters which would enable you to check whether they were the bona fide account holders!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!