Virgin Media - bypassing the frontline call centre staff

meagain

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having sent a letter to them last week which was duly ignored (they called Moorcroft in instead - who I will deal with separately), who do I call to avoid having to repeat the same arguments with the monkeys who know no better, and instead get straight to someone who knows what they're doing? I am making a leap of faith here and assuming that at least one person who works for them isn't an idiot.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

They don't accept incoming calls. But if you expect them to be sympathetic about early contract term cancellation, you might be disappointed. Their Manchester centre still deals with escalated (written) complaints.

They don't accept incoming calls. But if you expect them to be sympathetic about early contract term cancellation, you might be disappointed.

Actually I was writing to tell them to pay me the £130 they owe me, but never mind. Evidently no point even bothering, if there's nobody to take calls and they're ignoring letters.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

I've never had to go past the Wythenshaw centre (even though they now recommend Cardiff). There's a separate section in the CS staffed by graduates who have a bit more intelligence to deal with matters, so a letter to them usually results in a call back and a resolution. I've had 3 serious complaints that were heading for a SC track than ended amicably each time.

Letter was sent SD 02/04, received 03/04, and the only thing I've received since then is a letter from Moorcroft (whom I have duly instructed to go forth and multiply). Deadline is 5pm Thursday when the LBA goes off. This may end up iin (or at least close to) court, because my list of demands is fairly long.

* Acknowledge the attached calculation of the account balance to be correct.

* Credit the account with the necessary £xxx.xx to reflect this fact.

* Immediately restore service to the level billed for.

* Correct the monthly payment history with all credit reference agencies to a status of “0”, backdated to October 2006, pursuant to the requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998 to record accurate information.

* Correct the monthly payment history with all credit reference agencies on the previous account (4xxxxxx) to a status of “0”, backdated to August 2005. This was a requirement of the settlement agreed in August 2006, which you have agreed to but yet failed to perform.

* Cease and desist from imposing further such penalties upon me, in perpetuity.

Though given I'm moving in less than 3 months, the third item is likely to change in the next letter from restoring service to buying themselves out of the contract.