Letter via recorded delivery

jamjaruk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a letter to First Direct via recorded delivery on 14th Match 2007 requesting my charges, to date the letter hasn't been delivered. :rolleyes:

One word of advice, don't sent letters via recorded delivery. Anyone else had the same problem?

Did you check on post office track and trace on-line?

I had same problem with 2 recorded delivery letters I sent, didn't show on-line, so I phoned post office and they checked manually and sent proof of delivery free of charge.

HTH

madhouse5:)

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][U][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue]Barclays bank[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]- £1260.00[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue][B]Settled for £1774.20 - [COLOR=#ff00ff]7th June 2007[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][U][COLOR=red]MBNA - £1994.46 - [/COLOR][COLOR=red]inc contractual int[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]Settled for £2024.00 - [COLOR=magenta]16th April 2007[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo][B]First Direct - £1147.00[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=#4b0082][COLOR=indigo]Settled for £1147.00 -[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff00ff]1st May [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]2007[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=green][B][U]Capital One - £802.83 - inc contractual int[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=#008000]Prelim sent - [COLOR=#ff00ff]28th March 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]LBA sent - [COLOR=magenta]19th April 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

I have checked online (track) and phoned post office a few days ago, they said the item hasn't been delivered and I need to fill in a 'lost mail' form to retrieve my letters.

I think I will send another letter to First Direct but this time posting it first class.

Thanks

I was told you have to allow 15 days for item to be delivered before you can claim. Try sending guaranteed registered delivery, will be delivered by 1pm the following day, but will cost you about £4.10.

madhouse5:)

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][U][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue]Barclays bank[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]- £1260.00[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue][B]Settled for £1774.20 - [COLOR=#ff00ff]7th June 2007[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][U][COLOR=red]MBNA - £1994.46 - [/COLOR][COLOR=red]inc contractual int[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]Settled for £2024.00 - [COLOR=magenta]16th April 2007[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo][B]First Direct - £1147.00[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=#4b0082][COLOR=indigo]Settled for £1147.00 -[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff00ff]1st May [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]2007[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=green][B][U]Capital One - £802.83 - inc contractual int[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=#008000]Prelim sent - [COLOR=#ff00ff]28th March 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]LBA sent - [COLOR=magenta]19th April 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

Recorded Delivery items are not logged until the point of delivery, the rest of the time they are just sent with the normal mail. So if your item is not delivered there is no way of finding it. For peace of mind I would always recommend sending by Special Delivery because this is kept seperate from the rest of the mail and is logged at all times.

The 15 days have passed. If I send the letter by next day guranteed delivery, there is a good chance they won't sign for it. I think it will be best to post by first class and ask for proof of posting. Thank you.