Harry v Abbey

kittykat83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I've got my own claim running in the RBoS forum but my bf is also claiming against Abbey so I thought I'd post details of it here.

He had all his statemetns and so counted up his charges and sent his prelim off - it was received by Abbey on 3rd April. We havent heard anything as yet but I will keep you posted.

Does anyone know whether Abbey have any retaliatory tactics? He has an overdraft with them which would swallow up most of his refunded charges, bringing him back into the black. If Abbey were then to retaliate and withdraw his overdraft facility he wouldn't see any of the money.

Any suggestions?

Ok thanks Lively Lad. He is going to set up a parachute account anyway and then he could presumably get the same overdraft with his new bank, use it to pay off Abbey, take his charges and say goodbye to Abbey!

Like you say, hopefully its nothing to be worried about but he'll have his other account just to be on the safe side.

Thanks

Kat

Received the fob off letter today... we are investigating your complaint and will get back to you in 4 weeks etc... (They got this out pretty quick actually, as I said before they received the prelim on the 3rd and this letter was postmarked the 10th.)

Anyway, we will be posting the LBA on Tuesday as they are clearly not going to do anything further. As if I'd wait 4 weeks!!! I will post the standard LBA from the library and add a bit to the beginning to acknowledge receipt of their crappy letter and complaints leaflet thankyou very much!

Kat

• 3 weeks later...

Posted off the LBA and haven't heard anything yet. It actually went late which I'm really annoyed at myself for but I'd been ill with flu.

LBA deadline is 9th May so I am reading up as much as I can about the court stage before then.