BT Penalty Charge for termination***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

unfortunately our new place has never had a bt line installed so they want to charge us 120 for that. I am in the process of trying to find out who provided service to the previous tennant but am having a HELL of a time in doing so.

Anyone know who doesnt use BT for line rental? I know its not a cable provider.

All the other companies wholesale rent the lines from BT (post#14 from Buzby).

They might not have had a line installed, and just used mobiles?

When i lived in a flat thats what i did, you got free mins on mobile contract so why pay for a home line, unless you need internet.

As PKea notes, the reason BT want the fee is that the line may never have been previously activated. There are only 3 ways to get a phone line, BT, Cable and Kingston Comms (in Hull). Many house builders pre-wire buildings, but if the owners doesn't have the connection made, it sits there awaiting the first customer to request it. However, what is the logo on the Master socket (if you have one)? If it is BT, they probably DID wire it up, so its worth pursuing them again.

Well I received a reply, or at least a response

Dear PKea

Thank you for your email dated 1/5/07 about re:Re: ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxM).

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced.

I am sorry you have not yet received any confirmation regarding this complaint. If you would forward this information to us with your account number and we can look into this for you again.

Once again please accept my apologies for the problems you have experienced with BT recently.

Thank you for contacting BT.

Yours sincerely,

Lydia Beetham

BT Customer Services

Brilliant organisation, can't even keep a log of their complaints!!!!

I dont know whether to respond with all their log numbers, tell them to find it themselves or just ignore them now

Paul

well... success for me at least. had a call from bt on saturday and they have waived the cancellation fee plus given me 25 quid compensation... my final bill arrived today and it was £9. all paid up and see ya later BT.

PKEA the number that called me was 01793597829. Customer Resulutions team. give them a ring.

Well Done, missm

I'm happy to leave to account in dispute for the time being, i have given them ample oportunity to resolve the matter and they have just lost the complaint details.

I will email them in a week or so with all their references but they want my bill paid so its up to them to sort the dispute out and then they will get paid.

I'm in no rush to part with £400, which is what i owe them, so when they sort this out they can have their money. I'm not going to their running around for them

Paul

Ha Ha

Got a letter from the 'PRE COURT DIVISION' of Moorcroft DCA at the weekend, the cheeky ba%^rds have added another £170 quidish onto the debt as 'clients cost'.

Also advised me that if i pay up, BT will let me have a pay as you go account with them.

lol, my line rental has gone to the Phone CoOp!! no more BT

I couldnt ressit but phone Moorcroft on saturday and ask how they were going to take me to court without evidence that i agreed to it.

I also told them that i had it in writing from BT that BT didnt have the evidence as well.

They asked me to send all copies of the correspondance to them. I told them that as they were the pre court division they must have compelling evidence already in their possession.

And that I would produce my documentation when they take me to court.

I also asked for a full breakdown of the costs added before i woudl entertain paying them as well..

They hung up...

• 3 weeks later...

Got another letter from the 'PRE COURT DIVISION' with bold letters stating 'NOTICE OF INTENDING LITIGATION'

blah blah blah

I'm going to send the cca letter to them with bold letters on 'NOTICE OF INTENDING COUNTERCLAIM' to match their letter as close as i can...lol

Also i have paid some of BT's money, the part i dont dispute, direct to BT.

I thinks its entertaining when you phone a dca and ask them to explain how they can take yu to court without any evidence, thay usually hang up there.

Paul

The CCA letter probably won;t be relevant - so expect a rejection. As to the 'Counterclaim' notice - I used to like this idea, until I realised it served NO purpose whatsoever. The time for a counterclaim is within the initial court documents. These customer responses are seldom, if ever read - and usually get scanned into your account file and no further action (by them) is taken. The computer runs the show.

If you want to keep things practical,you respond by REJECTING their assertion, give them notice of the reasons why, and state this letter will be used as part of any counterclaim you might consider.

Not as satisfying, but more practical if you do go to court.

You had to spoil my fun.....LOL

I am trying to draft a letter along the lines of 'harrasment' and 'sending threatening letters designed to intimidate', but cant seem to get it started as of yet.

Think i will just put that i have written evidence form BT that states they have no record of me agreeing to any contract. Also i will state that I require a breakdown of their costs.

Another thing on their latest letter was a figure of £25 for obtaining 'Judgement by Default' .LOL they are a bit presumptious that i wont respond to court docs and get they have to apply for J by D

Paul

Ok Then

I have decided to write one last letter to BT including a copy of all previous emails sent and recieved

To Whom it May Concern

You have proved beyond doubt to me that your organisation is unprofessional as it cannot even keep track of its complaints, let alone resolve them.

It seems that rather than dealing with the problem raised by your customer, you would rather ignore and send uninformative replies then just pass the account to a debt collector and wash your hands of the problem.

I will now only acept a full credit to my account of the amount in dispute.

This will be my final communication on this matter, and as stated on previous communications I will vigorously defend any court action by either yourselves or your appointed debt collectors.

PKea

Also i am teasing Moorcroft by making part payments of the amount I dont dispute direct to BT. I have quite a collection of 'You have paid BT direct. Pay us not BT' letters now.

Paul

BT tried to call me last night, but I didn't answer, so I recieved this email

Dear Mr PKea

Thank you for your e-mail dated 5/6/07 regarding the penalty charges appeared on the bill.

I am sorry for the delay incurred in resolving your query.

I attempted to ring you this evening at 19:05 hrs on the mobile number 07xxxxxxxxxx that you have kindly provided, unfortunately there was no reply. I did however leave a brief message to explain that I had called.

I would humbly request you to write to me a daytime contact number (a mobile number or your work number preferably) to get in touch with you at any time of the day, so that the issue can be resolved without any further delay.

Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Services Department on 0800 800 150 (Working hours 7:30 AM to 10 PM, Monday - Saturday, 9 AM to 6 PM Sunday).

Yours sincerely,

S Thulaseedharan Kamala

eContact Customer Service

So I am just about to reply to this email stating that all correspondance relating will only be dealt with in writing.

You should have heard the voicemail message he left, took me and the wife ages to try and guess whether it was a recorded message or a real person. Glad i didnt try to talk to him cos i wouldnt have understood him anyway

Paul

This is my reply

Dear Sirs

Please note that all correspondance regarding this matter to be in writing either by email or post,

I would be grateful if you could provide a direct email to a specific person who is going to deal with this problem all the way through, as each time i respond to one of your emails, someone new gets involved.

How you can have continuity of client care with that system is beyond me.

PKea

Paul

*** WON ***

I recieved this email this morning

Dear Mr PKea

Thank you for your e-mail dated 8/6/07 regarding the cancellation charges.

In response to your email, I would like to apologise for all the

inconvenience caused. I can confirm that I have refunded £217.32. There is no outstanding balance on your account. You will receive a credit

confirmation letter with in 7 days.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us

again via e-mail.

Yours sincerely,

xxx xxx

eContact Customer Service

Ref: xxxxx

Thanks for your help and Input Buzby

Paul

No probs - can I suggest (and not to take the gloss of things) before you sign off on this, just do a quick £2 check of your credit file. As it's been around 3 months to resolution, it has been known for BT to log defaults in this way FIRST, rather than away a resolution. If they've been that shabby - you can still hit them for compensation.

No probs - can I suggest (and not to take the gloss of things) before you sign off on this, just do a quick £2 check of your credit file. As it's been around 3 months to resolution, it has been known for BT to log defaults in this way FIRST, rather than away a resolution. If they've been that shabby - you can still hit them for compensation.

Ok Will do later today,

Also i got a letter from Moorcroft yesterday acknowledging reciept of my £1 payment 'towards the account'.

Well that means they have received my CCA request then.

I'm sure they will be over the moon when BT tell then 'Your servces are no longer required'.

Then i will chase them for the £1 payment they have taken from me, might even have to get the debt collectors involved..lol

Paul

Ok Will do later today,

Also i got a letter from Moorcroft yesterday acknowledging reciept of my £1 payment 'towards the account'.

Well that means they have received my CCA request then.

I'm sure they will be over the moon when BT tell then 'Your servces are no longer required'.

Then i will chase them for the £1 payment they have taken from me, might even have to get the debt collectors involved..lol

Paul

Hi Paul

Firstly congratulations!!

It's great how you stood your ground with BT and documented everything here.It shows people that "giants" like the Bank's and BT can no longer do as they please with their customers!!!

WELL DONE!!!! :)

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Hi Paul

Firstly congratulations!!

It's great how you stood your ground with BT and documented everything here.It shows people that "giants" like the Bank's and BT can no longer do as they please with their customers!!!

WELL DONE!!!! :)

Thanks

If i wasnt for what ive learned on this site i would have just presumed i would have had to pay up.

I question every charge on anything now...

Paul

Ha Ha.. Do BT talk to Moorcroft

Got a letter from Moorcroft yesterday thanking me for Paying BT £200, but insist all future payments go to them, and the balance outstanding is still £217 quid an dthey will take me to court,blah blah blah..

Anyway i have another thread regarding my dealing s with moorcroft on this case and how i have turned the tables and are going to be chasing them foir money soon

If youre interested heres the link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/97877-turning-tables-im-chasing.html#post909536

Paul