No statements-help

moggieb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi evry1,

This is my very first post ever to a forum and I'm soooo nervous. I'm claiming on behalf of my son and from what I've been reading I sure wish he'd picked a different bank!! Having seen all the publicity I used the MoneySavingExpert.com site to download the SAR template. Sent letter & cheque to Barclays Data Protection unit at Knutsford on 22nd February and was thrilled to receive my cheque back a couple of days later with a letter saying that copy statements for last six years would be sent in a few weeks. Then I found this site and realised that the letter was pretty standard and didn't mean an awful lot. The forty days are now up and I'm about to send a gentle reminder. Wish me luck-what happens if they ignore it and why do some people have more luck than others in obtaining what they ask for?

Hi evry1,

This is my very first post ever to a forum and I'm soooo nervous. I'm claiming on behalf of my son and from what I've been reading I sure wish he'd picked a different bank!! Having seen all the publicity I used the MoneySavingExpert.com site to download the SAR template. Sent letter & cheque to Barclays Data Protection unit at Knutsford on 22nd February and was thrilled to receive my cheque back a couple of days later with a letter saying that copy statements for last six years would be sent in a few weeks. Then I found this site and realised that the letter was pretty standard and didn't mean an awful lot. The forty days are now up and I'm about to send a gentle reminder. Wish me luck-what happens if they ignore it and why do some people have more luck than others in obtaining what they ask for?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Hi Moggieb.

Firstly, welcome!

Barclays can't ignore you. They have a legal obligation to provide the information you've asked for. Send them a reminder asap. They tend to use almost all of their 40 days, but if they don't give you what you want, they've crossed the line.

There are some excellent templates in the library section, to follow up on an incomplete or missing SAR.

Best of luck with your claim,

D.;)

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.