Halifax / Thames Credit

ICO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help ???

I had a halifax bank account and credit card, I have checked my credit file and defaulted on the credit card and bank account and they paid the card balance from my current account, now the default amount posted on my credit file is 2120.00 in April 2002, yet the current balance is 3516.00 !!! They are currently sending their usual letters to my old address all of which have been returned to sender, the last one my parents wrote that they will make a complaint should they continue to send letters to their address as I have not lived there for 2 1/2 years. I have not contacted them or acknowledged the debt since I defaulted.

Would they CCJ me after 5 years + for a debt ????

If they did could I have it set aside on the fact it is the wrong address ???

Also could I have any attempt at CCJ set aside as the amount defaulted on my credit file has increased by nearly 70% after default ????

Any help is appreciated !!!

They are at it!!! I am trying to warn people of the Thames Credit con that is going on just now. Loads of folk had the same problem - there is a link I will post in a mo for someone who had the same kind of probs with them and it was sorted.

Basically, they are searching credit files for old debts, sending out letters to addresses hoping to get the person and chasing them in the hope that people will just pay up, using various underhanded tactics. Send a letter to them stating specifically that you DO NOT acknowledge the debt so are therefore disputing it, demand proof from Thames that they own this supposed debt (original statement, letter of assignment from Halifax to them etc) - they will not be able to give you it. And most of the debt they list will be their own interest over so many years. It will be statute barred soon anyway.

Spread the word - they are con artists. good luck

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Thanks for the info there !!!

My parents recieved a letter today, which when held up to the light it was from BCW on behalf of Thames (know this is not the best, but I just can't afford to pay them) !!!! This has been returned with a letter from my parents again stating I don't live there !! Not sure of the contents of the letter, but hopefully someone out there has had dealings with Thames and BCW at the same time.

Has anyone had dealings with BCW ???? Are they likely to pursue court action on debt that is 5 years old ??? :(

Hiya ICO

They could but if they are only chasing n behalf of Thames then they would need paperwork to back it up.

Send that letter to Thames disputing etc and asking for the paperwork you are legally entitled to (and they are legally obliged to keep). Also send a letter to BCW disputing the debt for the reasons given and they will have to refer it back to Thames.

Thames will have to provide the proof or go away - and it will be statute barred soon anyway - so dispute it,delay it and hang on in there!

good luck

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p