Help! They paid some...

nitrous
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks.

I've asked Abbey for £1940.00 in fees, that they've charged me, over the last few years. I checked my account balance today to find that they have re-paid £415.00. I was due to make my claim through court today, but now I don't know what to do. Is this a stalling tactic by Abbey and will I have to make a fresh claim for the balance?

I've not had any correspondence from them other than the standard "we are looking in to it and it might take several weeks" letter.

Can anyone help please?

Im in the same boat as you mate.

Abbey have paid £600+ into my account clearing my overdraft and leaving me wth £500 in my account.

I only found out the cash was in my bank today after reading through a few threads on the forum.

Id like to know if i can do anything with this money or will doing so imply that i accept their offer.(i could do with using some of the money as my partner has just lost her job and im realy poor at the moment nappies to buy and the likes)

If i were to use the money can i still claim for my charges or the charges minus the sum they paid.

The full claim is worth over £4500 wich im obvoiusly eager to get back but im also eager to put nappies on my kiddies bottys!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ps sorry fo the thread hijack

Hi Sid

Seems like they're trying to be clever, although they have not sent me an offer, nor have I agreed to anything or signed anything, so I don't see what they have to gain.

I tried to phone them but just got through to some oneone in India that cut me off.

I think that I will just go ahead with the courts unless anyone advises differently.

Cheers

Hi pal been reading some more of the forum

i got a letter of abbey telling me they will make a goodwill gesture of £685.

After reading some threads mainly this one im off to buy nappies and tomorrow will be sending my n1 minus the £685 remeber to just subtract the ammount rather than deleting the charges so you can have your interest of the charges too.

Hope that helps you too nitrous

I'm sure someone more experienced will be along soon to advise but from what I've read, people who get partial offers write back saying that they accept the offer as partial settlement but they will still be pursuing the rest of the claim in full. That way you're covered. Think there's a template letter somewhere. I've definitely seen letters like this in other people's threads. I'll come back with it if i can find it.

Hope that helps

Kat

hi nitrous,

i have jusr read your email concerning Abbey , how is your case going ,because they are doing the same to me, going to court,then a payment in my account without a word ,then they filed a defence to my claim ,case has been switched to another court,so could you please help withany advice, from No Longer

Hi,

I'm in the same position however when i phoned to get the refunds reversed they claimed that they were a good will gesture and not to worry about it if I had taken the charges further.

Hope this helps

I would suggest not to phone them, just send one of the rejection letters which fits your situaution that can be found on the following link:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

You can adjust the amount you are claiming of the N1 for to reflect the GOGW payment.

I had the same thing happen to me, Abbey made a payment into my account of about 1/4 of my total calim. I had filed in court on the same day as the funds were paid in, so have just sent the rejection letter. The amount stated on the letter however is less than they actualy paid into my accout.