Future claims on same account?

Puncture.uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have previously claimed from Halifax for the repayment of charges and accepted a 'good will' gesture from them as full and final settlement. I have since incurred a £39 'fee' and have sent them a letter asking for it back. This is the reply I have...

blah blah "Our records show that you have previously raised concerns over the same account and charges applied thereto. We made an offer of a goodwill gesture which you accepted. I can confirm that the documents from the time would confirm to you that this offer was made in full and final settlement and all future charges will stand

We will not therefore look to refund any charges now or in the future unless as a result of Halifax error. Your file will now be closed."

Do I still have a case? What should I do? Can I still legally claim back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sam

hi there,

I'd be really interested in an answer to this too as I succesfully claimed back £1100 from my bank last month and have since had a further £200 charges. They are still charging me what they were charging before the claim, ie. £37.50 failed DD, £30 overdraft fee.

Is it possible to present another claim?

Thanks

There are a few people that have proceeded to re-claim charges deducted since their original claim (does that make sense:D ). I am only familiar with the Abbey forum and they certainly have in there. Normally, the bank settling the original claim will say something like "settlement of this claim" in its "goodwill gesture" letter.

Go for it - Jackie x

Abbey: Settled - now for no. 2

Dudley Building Society : claim dismissed - no costs

London Scottish: settled in full :oops:

Capital One - settled in full :p

"Energy and persistence conquer all things" Benjamin Franklin

Any advice, information and thoughts given by me are just my humble opinion