• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wingnutta vs NatWest**WON**

wingnutta
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats a fair point - i am getting a bit lost here, do i just fill in 3 copies of the N1 form?, or just send a revised POC. I now know what i have to send but getting very confused here as how to do it???? - sorry if i am being a pain!

Prelim sent 10 April - Nothing received :rolleyes:

LBA sent 24th April - Nothing received :rolleyes:

Issued Court Claim 10th May - Pending :rolleyes:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wingnutta

Just to clarify and summarise everything above - you have been asked to supply a revised PoC by the court. Therefore you do not need to fill in a N244 or a N1. You need to send 2 copies of a revised PoC (one for the court and one for the bank) and keep a copy for yourself.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

ok - that is fully understood steven - thankyou. A revised POC will be on its way tomorrow. Will keep you updated. I am a big fan of online capabilities but in this case doing MCOL in my eyes was just a hinderence. Paper copies all the way from now on!! :D

Oh and name is Adam all - less characters than wingnutta!! :p

OK Adam, with you all the way.

My personal opinion is that MCOL is too fraught with problems for bank charges cases - N1 is much safer

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - hope all are well. Just an update really.. i sent my revised POC along with a copy of my schedule of charges (with correct wording this time in relation to charges as they are shown on statement.) to the court manager at hitchin. I sent 2 copies to them as stated above.This was over 3 weeks ago now and i have heard nothing from either court or cobbetts??.. is this about right?? I have no deadlines to keep watch on now so is there anything i should be doing or someone i should be calling??? I dont mind sitting tight at all if thats the right thing to do - i am just very determined to see this through and i will not screw it up now! :D Very good news about the test case - although i dont think a lot of us at this time will be affected by it??? :rolleyes:

Hi wingnutta, I'm glad you got the amendment sorted out.

I've taken this from the 'claim too vague' thread, it should give you an idea of what to expect next:

Attach your spreadsheet and take 3 copies to the court, along with 3 copies of the completed N244 + the fee. Tell the court staff what has happened, apologise for their inconveniance, and ask that your current particulars of claim are disregarded and replaced by the new ones. It will have to go before a judge to ok the amendment, and you could possibily get called for an application hearing which is nothing to worry about.

Also, if you are at the AQ stage, complete your AQ and take that to the court at the same time - you'll find guide notes in the templates library.

The Court will then amend the details, re-seal the claim and return it to you and it is your responsibility to re-serve it on the Defendant. Ensure that you keep a copy of the sealed N1 for yourself too. Once you have served the claim you should send the Court a completed certificate of service, here http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c.../n215_0106.pdf along with a copy of the N1 so the court knows when the bank need to respond.

Looks as though you need to wait for the court to get in touch - but it may be worth giving them a call tomorrow just to see where they're up to with the amendment!

Let us know how it goes with them x :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

ok - BIG update today my friends. Firstly i got a letter this morning from Hitchin CC from the judge saying that after reading the file he is issuing a stay pending the outcome of the test case and that neither party can remove the stay. Well i kinda expected that really so no shocks there.

In the same post load though i have received letters from natwest. Opened up the first and its we still think our charges are fair blah blah blah but that goodwill offer still stands of £109 (claim in total at mo is £1500). Obviously laughed at this but also noticed another letter looking the same. Opened it and same letter but with offer at £983.

Now i thought that this was natwest being confused as they were different amounts however it was actually me being thick - they were for the two different accounts that i am claiming for! - Now here comes the goodbit - i totalled them up and they are actually the full amount pre court fees and interest (£1092).

So here i am seeking advice, am i being an idiot not to accept as it is full original offer?? I appreciate that i have now spent £120 in court fees but in my own personal situation i am prepared to overlook that. Is it just a straight case of my own preference????

Technically i have won as they are offering my charges back so what do you all think is best?????? :confused: and as they have different ref numbers am i ok to send them both together if i do?? ie i cant just accept one and not both??

Hi Wingnutta,

I have had exactly the same happened to me, a letter with an offer from Nasty West with all the charges except interest and court fees. My case has not been stayed yet , but I think it's just a matter of time, as the banks, to be fair do have a pretty good argument for the stay, and any judge would look objectively at that.

Now do we take the money and run... well I guess it depends on your finances ( mine are pretty tight at the moment ) but eahc offer letter pertains to only one account, and I guess you are free to accept the offer you prefer ,( or in plain English , the money you want now and reject the one with the money that you don't mind waiting for) for to be honest , the case is due to start next Jan, and could go on for up to a year ..with appeals and such.

Anyway not sure is this helps, but as they say the choice is yours!

Good Luck!!

18/04/07 1st letter sent (again)

19/04/07 letter received by Stuart Higley

25/04/07 Usual blabla letter from NatWest "investigating and so on and so forth" received.

08/05/07 LBA sent

09/05/07 LBA received by Natwest

25/05/07 Claimed online by MCOL

Claim served on the 4th of June

Acknowledgment of service received 18th of June

Cobbets defense and Part 18 request received 05 July

Notice of Transfer of Proceedings received 06 July

19/07/07 Allocated to small claims track, refer back after 21 days.

so i cant accept both offers then??.. even though they are for two seperate acccounts???... decision decisions eh.... money is fine with me to be honest but its the timeframe.. i am thinking over and done with really :)

No you misunderstood me, you can accept both offers as they are for different accounts.....no probs..

its all up to you..

18/04/07 1st letter sent (again)

19/04/07 letter received by Stuart Higley

25/04/07 Usual blabla letter from NatWest "investigating and so on and so forth" received.

08/05/07 LBA sent

09/05/07 LBA received by Natwest

25/05/07 Claimed online by MCOL

Claim served on the 4th of June

Acknowledgment of service received 18th of June

Cobbets defense and Part 18 request received 05 July

Notice of Transfer of Proceedings received 06 July

19/07/07 Allocated to small claims track, refer back after 21 days.

ah ok... well its an offer of all my charges back so i think i am gonna accept it. My other halfs brother is just at court stage so i am going to concentrate on his. Lets see if money actually arrives eh.. thanks all.. If it does, there will most certainly be a donation on its way. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning everyone.. just an update.. i checked my natwest accounts this morning and the charges are in there!!... i accepted their offer whihc was for the full amount of charges so i am only down the court charges of £120. My original claim was £1090 so i am £970 better off.. which i am happy with. Not sure if this counts as a win but in my mind its a victory. I will be making a donation just as soon as the money is in the account i use now.

many many thanks to all and everyone that has helped me along the way - sometimes with some very patient answers to some very silly questions. Without you i would never have got this far and i am very appreciative.

Will keep checking the site and will offer help if i think i can.

Again many many thanks. :D :D :D

Adam

Great news Wingnutta!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Enjoy the cash mate, best wishes, Hedgey xxx

:D :D :D :D :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

th_Congratulations_0907.jpg

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.