ADVICE NEEDED no statements from cap one!!!

aloofy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My account with cap one was closed over a year ago. I sent my SAR back in Jan, i didn't send it recorded. They did however cash the cheque on 26th jan. I never received my statements so i send a lba reegarding the sar recorded delivery on 3 march giving them 7days to send statements. still nothing. What should I do now? does anyone have a phone number or email address i can use?

I had already read these threads and others before I sent my non compliance letter. I have just written another letter to their complaints dept hoping to get a response as I don't want to go down the court order route if I can help it. If I don't here within a week I think that I will begin a claim with estimated figures.!

Sorry, but I cant help here, I have been trying to find out what to put in the particulars of claims section to request the statements through the courts myself.

I feel we must be in exactly the same situation as I too have already sent out the letters for no complience of statements.

Should you find out PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

Hi,

You should find the info you need here (if your in England)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

If you need help in filling it in/particulars of claim CAB may be able to help.

It looks like I'll soon be doing this in Scotland for Capital One/MoreThan/GE Money but still haven't got round to find out the particulars of how to do this as there are different forms, etc.

Hope this helps.......Rory

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't English and Welsh legal systems operate in the same way?

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi,

did a bit of googling on this and the procedure in Wales is exactly the same as in England.

No probs.

Don't forget to report them to Trading Standards, The Office of Fair Trading, The Information Commissioners Office, The Financial Ombudsman and The Financial Services Authority for non compliance if you want to as it just makes Cap Ones life that little more unpleasant.