Mum-In-Law -V- HSBC

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As if i didnt have enough with my own claim, i have agreed to help mil get her charges back, so later today off goes the initial letter for £1827

Theres another 10 accounts she wants me to look at :eek:

Guess i may be a little busy these next few months lol

:madgrin:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

told her i work on commision:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though i am not doing it for the money, its more the pleasure of seeing the banks toppled.

told her i work on commision:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though i am not doing it for the money, its more the pleasure of seeing the banks toppled.

i hear you!!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Yeah but a little extra in your pocket from the MIL won't hurt will it!!!! :-)

She has said whatever she gets we will get 50% and believe me there will be quite a bit, i did say it doesnt really matter about the money too much, although, no, it wont hurt, i am actually enjoying this, and fully intend to get my teeth into this.

have you got kids icy? i found that being paid in babysitting time was the best repayment (although these days, it's my lads that look after the grandparents lol)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

• 3 weeks later...

Story so far

10th April Prelim letter sent

11th April Prelim confirmed as received by Royal mail

15th April Standard letter received signed Colin Langdale stating he is looking into matters

25th April LBA sent

29th April LBA still not received according to royal mail

To be continued .....

• 2 weeks later...

Filed claim on the 14th claim isnt deemed served until the 20th however hsbc have allready filed acknowledgement of service, so they know have until the 17th June to file a defence, in the AofS they state they are using DG Solicitors

Hi ICY, now you will be dealing with DG Solicitors. They will either defend a few days before or right at the last minute. If you used MCOL, after DG have defended your case will be transfered to your local court.

While you wait for things to happen, have a read of as many threads as poss that deal with the next process.

Good luck

JW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

i think my brain is losing the ability to think properly.

I have searched and searched for a template letter so i can send the schedule of charges to DG can i find it ... not a chance, i know there is one, i have seen it plenty of times, someone please help put me out of my misery lol

• 1 month later...

Claim has been defended according to mcol, and is now being transferred to local court, not had a copy of the defence from either the court or from DG

Just had notification today that this is another of the claims i have made that has been defended and transferred to my local court, they sign there defence 13 June, the defence goes as follows. (including typos, they are not my mistakes this is copied exactly from there defence.)

1. The claimant?s account is governed by the Defendant?s personal and/or business banking terms and conditions. Nice to know they have made the defence personal to the claim

2. Pursant to the defendant?s terms and conditions the defendant is entitled to make a charge for its services as set out in the Defendant?s price list, including an overdraft review fee for considering whether to provide and providing and overdraft. Price list ????

3. The Defendant denies that the charges applied to the Claimant?s account amount to penalties at common law and/or unfair contract terms for the purposes of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (UTCCRs).

4. The charges applied to the claimant?s account are reasonable and are properly and fully disclosed in the Defendant?s terms and conditions and published price list. The charges represent the contractually agreed price for the services provided and the UTCCRs are not applicable to them; alternatively, they are not unfair contrary to the UTCCRs. Further, the charges are not default charges and, accordingly, cannot amount to a penalty.

5. Save as set out above, each and every allegation made by the claimant is denied. For the reasons set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.