Tom Brennan v NatWest - This is a must-read!!!

calvi36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But that wasn't the judges was it. Amongst other things evidence was found to have been witheld

As I recall it was judges who released them

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't tar all Judges with the same brush. Remember the number of times they have whenever possible come down on the side of the consumer in this matter.

Clearly there ARE some unworldly judges for want of a better word but believe me when I say most judges DO know what is going on & are not one bit pleased. Also be assured that in most cases their ire is not directed at the consumer

I agree Pliny. Not all Judges are of the Establishment mould. Some are independent and some even have a care for justice. But to bend the system to one's outcome, all it takes is to ensure that a given judge is given a given case. That's a given, I imagine?

Shoestring

The more I read this site, the more congratulations I want to heap on CAG for the invaluable service they are performing. Bravo!

Another thought.

Judges are meant to be rich and who do rich people bank with?

Coutts

Who owns Coutts?

Nat West

I rest my case

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Judges should be like football refs-unbiased and impartial!!!

Snigger.

I take it you are referring to Italian refs in particular?

What happens in Rome (match fixing) happens elsewhere in Europe, I shouldn't wonder.

Shoestring

The more I read this site, the more congratulations I want to heap on CAG for the invaluable service they are performing. Bravo!

Having an account at Coutts (or not) does not imply a prejudice on the part of a Judge. If someone were to be "knobbled" it would not work along those lines.

Give credit where subtlety is due, please...

Shoestring

I think the main reason the judge did'nt take too well to TB's case was simply that to rule against the bank would be so hugely controversial and

would potentialy cost the banks zillions

Toms view is that m'learned just wants to get through a couple more quite cases awake before he retires - on a very agreeable pension no doubt.

We just gotta hope the appeal judge is on the right side of seventy.

I disagree CRFX, the judge will look at all the arguments placed in front of him and all precedents. It is very, very important to remember that what TB is doing is attempting to claim exemplary damages and that this is not a standard reclaim of bank charges. The crux of this is that the banks offered far more than the original claim in settlement and this was rejected as TB did not accept them putting money into his account without his knowledge. TB rejects this as more or less unlawful settlement without negotiation and I would totally agree with him. This case will actually have very little relevance unless TB wins the claim for exemplary damages. If he does then the floodgates open. If he does not and the banks have STILL failed to disclose their actual costs then as far as I am concerned it is BUSINESS AS USUAL in reclaiming unlawful charges. Sorry if i am teaching you to suck eggs CRFX, this is just my standpoint and opinion.

That's alright mate. Everyone's got their own take on this. I just think it's

not that easy for the judge to rule in Toms favour and as this is unchartered waters as far as bank charges go, It's how he chooses to interpret the law.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence

-- Napoleon I

Maybe the judge has been got at, or maybe he made an error of judgment. (Pun intended? I can barely tell myself ...)

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence

- Napoleon I

Never ascribe to imcompetence that which can be ascribed to greed and vanity!

Shoestring

Just looked at Tom's website, looks like an ideal launch pad for a petition or for rallying the troops to me, whatever way it goes.

The banks are in a lose, lose.

Over the last 18 months, peoples perception of them has changed completely. They are no longer the trustable institution that they used to be. You hear of little old ladies with bundles of cash in the house because they don't trust the banks. Did they know something we didn't?

My Grandfather always said "Never make an enemy of the Banks" but never expanded.

Whatever the decision here, I for one will fight on, and believe the damage (exposure) has already been done. Power to the internet and communication of the many.

I'm now on my 27th telly. Every time I see that Howard and his showgirls wanting to give me extra, whatever I'm holding goes through the screen. Good job Tesco are doing cheap portables.

Anyone need any remotes?

Tide

Quote 'My Grandfather always said "Never make an enemy of the Banks" but never expanded.'

Try ' Never make an enemy of the people'

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Please don't tar all Judges with the same brush. Remember the number of times they have whenever possible come down on the side of the consumer in this matter.

Clearly there ARE some unworldly judges for want of a better word but believe me when I say most judges DO know what is going on & are not one bit pleased. Also be assured that in most cases their ire is not directed at the consumer

I agree with Pliny here, the Judge that I got at Telford Crown Court couldnt have been nicer. He did not seem frustrated at anything and agreed that what I said with regards to my claim was exactly right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click the scales in left hand corner if this post has helped you.

Click on the Below Links for more Info:

1, Step By Step Instructions

2, F.A.Q.s'

3, Templates Library

If people are so worried about judges and have a lack of faith in the judicial process then why are we even here guys? We are here as there has never been a precedent set. Stay on track, TB is claiming something different to our normal claims. I for one never thought I had a leg to stand on before falling into CAG. Now am here oh my god what a wealth of information in all subjects. I had it pointed out to me yesterday that I have been with CAG three months now, how time flies eh! Maybe that's why my mrs isnt speaking to me lol it's so bloody addictive. So far I have had two DCA removed from my life due to info here. Sill ongoing with bank charges but ho hum that will be a winner. I also have a biggy that am awaiting return of sar on. One member on here knows how much it could be worth and lemme tell you it would BJ any previous claim on CAG. CAG is amazing but we aren't right all the time. Our opinions are just that, opinions. Keep on track guys and don't confuse TB's claim with our normal ones as we are not seeking exemplary damages, but if TB wins and I hope he does then thanks Tom for opening the floodgates.

If people are so worried about judges and have a lack of faith in the judicial process then why are we even here guys? We are here as there has never been a precedent set. Stay on track,

Yes, but it pays to be forewarned about what can happen and what, I think, will eventually happen. Ignorance is no defence and it, therefore, behooves us to temper our hopes with a degree of phlegmatic thinking.

Currently, the volume of claims and payouts doesn't even begin to match the money the banks have spun out of unlawful charges over the last decade and more. They'll take some hits but they'll not repay (they can't) anywhere near the $22 billion odd that is estimated they've creamed in.

So, sooner or later the party is going to come to an end.

Shoestring

PS - this analysis is obviously contingent upon there continuing to be a growing number of people claiming through the small claims court system and there is no way to know or guess if this volume of claims will continue.

TB's now joined the site and will be posting a lot more stuff this week.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/94184-thank-you-all-you.html

It appears we'll have to wait a bit longer for the judgement in his case.

After an exausting couple of days ripping Toms case apart, m'learned

took a well earned holiday and is expected to return today, if he can manage it.