Forced to repay overdraft?

crunch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm new to all of this but have worked out Natwest owe me £3,550. I'm just worried they will force me to pay back my overdraft and close my account. Has anyone got any advice?

Best advice is to open another account just incase they do. It doesnt happen very often but it can happen. If they were to close your account, they cannot make you repay your overdraft all in one go if you dont have it. Anyway, surely you can pay off your overdraft from the refund of your charges.

Closure of accounts following claims for return of penalty charges is seen as retaliatory action and as such should be reported to the Financial Ombudsman who will take a very dim view. The Aliance & Leicster were recently fined by the FO for such action.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

thanks everyone. My overdraft is £800 so the fees will def cover this. I'm going to write my letter tonight and cross fingers. Have a fab time on hols

Don't forget you can add 8% statutory when you get to court as well. So you well get something extra for later this year as compensation for the work you are putting in now. Apart from the fees are you adding in any interest they took off you? This appears the end of each month. It all helps, Sally

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

If your Overdraft is 800, and you are claiming 3500, surely, you will still be better off ... lets do the maths

3500 - 800 = 2700

Assuming you are not over the limit, you will be better off by 2700: and just assuming you still have your overdraft facility, you will be better of by3500, In other words - Its a win win situation, so where is the problem?

Please note my take on this is purely based on assumptions

thanks everyone. My overdraft is £800 so the fees will def cover this. I'm going to write my letter tonight and cross fingers. Have a fab time on hols

C-L-A-I-M-E-D £1000 W-O-N £1000