FergalThang v Lloyds TSB Trustcard

FergalThang

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post if I can before I send off my first letter.

Having read the recent thread about being able to claim back more than 6 years worth of charges, I have been advised by Lloyds TSB Card Services that they catagorically cannot provide me with statements going back more than 6 years. Now I am looking to claim going back to 1993 when the card was opened. I have no way of proving what charges were applied to my account during the period that they cannot provide statements for.

Given that this is the case, do you think it prudent to ask for, say, £50 per year going back from 2000 to 1993, a total of £400, in addition to that which I am claiming, for the period I do have statements for. Suggesting that unless they can prove otherwise by providing statements for these dates, that I feel that this is a fair and accurate representation of charges accrued?

Not sure if anyone else has tried this approach, if anyone has or even has a better suggestion or alternative approach I would be very grateful!!

Cheers.

Personally, I think you would struggle, because in court the onus is on you to prove what you are claiming.

You need to lay evidence of what you are claiming, i.e statements to show money was taken.

The banks would then try to argue that they were legitimate charges.

If you cannot show the amounts were even taken, I think you might struggle.

Did you send a SAR requesting a list of all charges ever applied to the account?

If you did, it might be worth asking if they have earlier microfiche records.

See this thread..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/73883-missjoy-barclaycard-still-no.html?highlight=microfiche#post640126

Have fun.

Read, Read and Read some more.

The answers are all out there...

By the way, it's your claim. I only offer an opinion as another reader. :confused: