Connaught collections,statutory demand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi shb,

Sorry,no email on anything i've had from them,best to send them the standard cca request,letter n,if you follow link in one of the posts on this thread.

I know what you mean,I only had statement when they replied to cca request,they are horrible to deal with,arrogant idioits.

Good luck to you too,keep us updated with progress,and watch this space for updates from me.;)

Any updates yet Jadzia? I am in the same sit as u this stat demand I did cough up £165 in hubbys name also

Hi,

No,nothing more yet,if they havent sent me my agreement in mondays post,then im not paying them on tuesday!!!,i've taken the money out of my bank so they cant get at it,cos they have a habit of taking it early!!

Hi Jadzia

These people are really rude and demanding I was scared in case they bankrupted my husband so I paid up £165 to have it side aside (whatever that means?) and now I have to pay £10 every month I cant afford to pay it..

Nothing yet,they defaulted on mon,so i didnt pay,still waiting for a letter saying im in arrears,blah,blah!!,i hope they send one,cant wait to tell them to shove it!!!,incidentally,if ive missed payment in the past,they usually ring 10 times a day,from the day after missed payment,its been 3 days now and stil no word,odd eh!!!!!!!!!:D

Well,it looks like i spoke too soon!!!,just got home to my post,and guess what i found??

Dear madam,

RE:1st credit Limited(Associates)

Outstanding Debt £759.42

We have been unable to contact you on the telephone number supplied to us.

Your recent card payment has been declined and your repayment plan has now fallen into arrears.

You must contact us immediately upon receipt of this letter to avoid additional action being taken against you.

I trust that you will give this your full and immediate attention.

Yours sincerely.

Commercial department.

Hmmm,yes,i will give it my immediate attention,or maybe i'll finish watching neighbours and get myself some lunch...........

jadzia, you will probably start getting telemessages now - at least that is what I got today - after sending them a letter last week notifying them they have committed an offence I got two telemessages today, saying I should call them urgently. :D

sure youll call them, oops that rights we are all just stupid consumers (in their eyes), which means we dont know how to work the phones! lol

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Ah,thanks for reminding me,i knew there was something i had been meaning to do,had a feeling it was urgent,but just couldnt quite put my finger on it!!!:rolleyes:

Anyhoo....................!!

I too have been paying these guys £10 a month for a long time....I'm interested to see what happens with you other guys who have been dealing with Connaught....(as far as my own story goes - I had a lot of credit card debts - In the mid to late 90's I was doing well, then I was made redundant) up to March 2001 I was repaying between £20 and £50 per month each) and then moved house (it would have been repossessed if I hadn't have moved when I did), then Amex caught up with me and I had to go to court to avoid bankruptcy and am paying them back £50 per month but I have had a charge put on my house - I couldn't afford a lawyer at the time (I wish I had seen the information on this site about 3 years ago) !!! luckily for me for the other 7 (yes I know it's shameful !!) credit cards they are now statute barred....

Hi there jadzia (DS9 fan?) I've had dealings with connaught too, they are ****!! They bully and intimidate people into paying them, often ridiculous amounts that the debtor can ill afford. I was told by one of their ops once, to "get money from wherever you can to pay us, beg borrow or steal if you have to!" The cheek, I told him where to get off!

Their actions regarding making you pay more than you can afford means they breached the OFT's guidelines on unfair business practices, see post 7. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/55579-oft-guidelines-debt-collection.html YOu should have a read of the OFT link as I think Connaught have prob breached most of them. For some reason i can't access the link today, otherwise I'd point you directly to the relevant points. They should be reported for their misconduct.

I sure am!!

I know,they're nasty!,but they're not getting any more of my money!!!!!,and how funny,i still havent got round to giving them my immediate attention,oh bugger(can i say bugger???;) )

• 3 weeks later...

Ok,

So,guess who comitted an offence!!,im going to send the cca non compliance letter now,been having trouble with broadband,so couldnt look it up before,but the idiots from connaught have started clogging up my answer phone with stupid "call us urgently" messages again,so i will update again with their response,once i receive one!!

i got no cca either so sent letter of to them today also sent a letter to their director and founder mike cleary of complaint , see what happens now , good luck but mine has now changed to both connaught and 1st credit as 1st credit own connaught so getting differing letters of both one demanding payment one saying we'll deal with your enquiry , left hand right hand anyone ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jadzia

found your thread really interesting as I received a very nasty letter from Connaught today threatening bankruptcy. Had a Halifax credit card and first credit have been dealing with it, I have made several offers of monthly payments which they keep refusing and they have now passed it on to Connaught.

Am new to this, so can you tell me will First Credit have bought the debt from Halifax or are they usually just acting on their behalf?

And should I send one of these CCA letters to them? Help!!!!

The card debt is for approx £8000 I am embarrassed to say. Thanks for that advice , I will send the letter off tomorrow. When you say I should put 'I do not acknowledge this debt@ at the top of the letter, does it matter that I have been in correspondence with First Credit by post for the past couple of months and I have never put this statement on the letters? (I changed my tel number as the constant calls were making me so stressed out so the only way they can now contact me is by letter)

thanks

It does not matter that you have previously acknowledged it cos you are not now and you are effectivelky putting them to strict proof on the terms and conditions of the agreement.. If they cannot prove it in very explicit terms (if they send you one then scan it in and someone will assist on its enforceability) then it may be game, set and match to you. Depends on various issues.

But you have nothing to lose by CCA'ing it, and possibly everything to gain.

If I have been of help then please feel free to click my scales!:D

• Haha 1

And keep copies of all correspondence you send them! I would staple the special delivery and postal order receipts to the copies of the letters you send them. Also, I would throw in an online delivery confirmation from the Royal Mail website using their 'Track and Trace' facility if you can be bothered.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?