Please Post How Far Back You Have Managed To Obtain Statements

Guest bong
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In light of the recent thread posted by BankFodder http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html#post712882 I thought it would be useful to start a thread solely for the purpose of recording how far back people have been able to obtain statements from their banks. Please do not post queries here, lets try and keep this just for posting results!!

So far we have heard from the following:

Barclays do keep 12 years of statements; though I suspect they may start warming up the furnaces soon.

The Abbey, for instance keep their records back to 1926.

I recieved 15 years of Statements from RBS

i thought i would say that i believe statements are possible with natwest going back at least to 1995 possibly further but importantly charges information would be obtainable back to 1992 on a full Subject Access Request on the old natwest archive system and that is important.

we have come to the cross roads regarding getting the information from over 6 years ago. We both have closed accounts with HSBC who have written as per my post above, to advise they do not keep details over 6 years old.

I have had 12 years of statements supplied by Barclays

I got statements from 1994 from the Halifax- I had to hassle them a bit- but the person at Customer Relations told me they have a seperate computer system (which he could acces then and there so no difficulty) which holds the records of closed/older accounts.

I don't know how far back the system goes- but it must be pre-1994.

I applied for ten years worth of statements from Halifax, and received them.

A & L stated they didn't have the records.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In relation to HSBC -

Here goes, sent in a SAR since the inception of my account. HSBC are adamant they do not keep data longer than 6 years, I just cant believe this, surely it is lurking on their archive systems.......

Sent this off to HSBC

Thank you for your e-message reply dated 31-01-07.

I am in receipt of copy statements from the period 1 January 2000 to current day however my request was for all data contained from the inception of my account whether this be in the form of statements, fiche or other recording methods. I also require any data that has been archived onto your archival system and will be prepared to foot the cost for this effort if required. I still request copy statements or the

equivalent information as stored for the period of the commencement of my account to December 1999. In short I require all data in whatever format held by HSBC on me prior to 1 January 2000.

Should you advise that you do not have such information could you please confirm this by stating HSBC does not have any data relating to account number ********* dated before 1 January 2000 I require exact confirmation of when and how my data was destroyed and confirmation of your company policy on data retention. Should a claim be made in Court I will seek an order from the Court requiring disclosure of your policy document should you fail to disclose it now.

I look forward to your reply.

Recieved this back from them....

Our Reference **********

Dear Mr [edit]

Bank Account No: **************

Thank you for your e-message received on 1 February 2007.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

However, as advised in your earlier e-message, I confirm that, as per the Data Protection Act's terms and conditions, we are not allowed to keep customers information on our records for more than six years. Please note that this ruling applies for all banks within UK.

As such, please be advised that it is not our intention to destroy any of your records which are more than six years old. However, under the Data Protection Act ruling, we are obliged to action this.

Therefore, as advised in your earlier e-message, I regret to inform that we are unable to provide any statement copies which exceeds six years ago.

Kindly accept our apology again for any inconvenience caused with regards to this matter.

For further clarification and assistance, please contact our Customer Telephone Services at 08457 404 404 (UK), +44 1226 261 010 (International), or visit any local HSBC UK branch, where my colleagues there will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you have any further queries.

Kind regards

MV Krishnan

HSBC Internet Banking Support

and this posted yesterday (also HSBC)

Bong, as far I am aware, they hold statements, on microfiche, for 10+ years, but dont have precise figure. I will look into it.

...Anyway, will look into the statements thing (with ex-colleagues) and come back with more certainty.

Lloyds TSB sent me statements to Dec 2000. Posting SAR tommorow to ask for more! What's the betting they're gone????

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Halifax sent me statements back to the account opening in 1994- but I had to ring them, and hassle them before they would do it as they thought we "could only claim back six years" so why would we need any further back.

I informed him he was wrong, and he sent ALL of the statements for 2 accounts.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Halifax sent me statements back to the account opening in 1994- but I had to ring them, and hassle them before they would do it as they thought we "could only claim back six years" so why would we need any further back.

I informed him he was wrong, and he sent ALL of the statements for 2 accounts.

Good work Bong!

That's crazy the guy said that Emma - they HAVE to send you EVERYTHING they hold once they ahve received a sar - for as far back as they have it, not just 6 years because they thought u could nly claim back that far.

Did u get that in writing? I would refer it on to the ICO!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

I wish I could get anything reasonable out of the Halifax in writing- you should see their defence! :D

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

For clairifcation the SAR from the template library asks the bank for all your charges and transactional details for the whiole account history but this would not automatically mean every bit of information they hold on you.

The DPA allows for subjects to ask for specific information rather than requesting everyhting.

If you want everything not just details of transactions and charges then you should considere revising the SAR from the template library to gfit your needs.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

two members have sent me letters from barclays stating they hold 12 years worth of data.

HTH

Glenn

• Haha 1

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Just a summary of what we have in this thread so far -

Abbey - 1926 -80 odd years!

A&L -

Barclays - 12 years

Barclaycard -

Co-op -

Co-op credit card (per Glenn's thread) - 1997 - 10 years

Halifax - 1991 - 16 years

HSBC -

Lloyds TSB -

NatWest - 1992 - 15 years

Nationwide -

RBS - 15 years

Yorkshire - 7 years (possibly 10)

still a few gaps to fill!

Nearly forgot HSBC showed me a copy of my original agreement on their computer screen recently, the account was closed around ten years ago!

I haven't had a response to my SAR as of yet so we'll see what they say.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

I hold one of these letters, this is open to all users should they require it.

I too have a letter which states:

"Unfortunately we have been unable to provide you with all of the copy statements requested. This is because we only have a requirement to hold backdated account ledger information for a period of 12 years"

However Barclaycard have said the have destroyed my statements from 2000 and previous to this. What can I do about this as have conflicting info from in effect the same people???

Any thoughts Livelylad??

tanz, Barclays and Barclaycard are separate entities - I read it in a letter from the information commissioner.