what charges can you claim back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, im very new to this.I have got my 6yrs of bank statemets from BOS, but what constitutes a charge ie maintainence charges. can anyone tell me a list of charges i can make a claim on. Please help, pedro4

Guest littlesally

Any charges for going over your agreed overdraft and any charges for not having enough to cover direct debits.

Where-ever you see "charges" on your statements,

Sally x

you can claim on excess overdraft charges returned cheque charges. I am not sure about maintance charges. I can't see why there should be maintaince charges if they are charging you interest on you overdraft. Perhaps some one else can answer that. You could always try and claim it;) and see what hapens

• Haha 1

Hi there, im finding this all very confusing.Why is there maintainence charges on my account of £28 most months? there was a period of time when i stopped using the account.Can these be claimed back, pedro4:rolleyes:

Yes they can be claimed back. They are applied when you account has been in overdraft during that month.

Cheers........

• Haha 1

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

BOS Credit Card...........................Hearing Date 07/02/07

Full Settlement..............................13/02/07

BOS Bank Account .........................total charges £8,655.92

1st offer..............................................£1620.00 01/12/06 Rejected

2nd offer.............................................£3255.00 03/01/07 Rejected

Summary Action victory.................£1499.02 22/03/07

Full and Final offer............................£7,200 19/04/07

Pict...............

can anyone please help? i have been going over bank statements and there is an awful lot of account maintenance charges @ £28.00 nearly every month. I did stop using the accont for a wee while.Do i claim these back, many thanks Pedro4

Guest littlesally

Going to bump this as I have never heard of "maintainence charges" but I am sure someone will be along that has and can help.

It's a pity the chatroom is still closed as that place can really help with any doubts and fears you have.

Also good for just unwinding and having fun.

Still hopefully it won't be long.

It's basically a waiting game, seeing who can out stare the other - don't be the one to look away.

Many people do at this stage and give up.

Make sure you stick with the winners and you will be one!

Sally x

anyone been succesful in claiming back maintenance charges should i claim these back if so do i claim these as well as o/d charges as i live in scotland this figure adds up to over £2000 and i know the limit is only £750 if i claim it all can they reject it any advice please....

Hi, Pedro.

I'm not sure about the maintenance charges but I would doubt you can claim them back. In Scotland you can claim up to £1,500.00. plus interest and costs. using Summary Cause, almost identical to the Small Claim form but when you submit them to the court, they will send them back to you and you will have to get a Sheriff's Officer to serve them on the Bank. This cost me £15.97. The court will send you a list of local Sheriff Officers you can use. I just won my first Summary Cause against BOS, they totaly ignored all my letters and my court dates, then put the money into my account about ten days after my court calling date.

Best wishes with your claim.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert