• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

The Funding Corporation PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out car finance with the Funding Corporation and was told that i had to take out PPI. The PPI premium was £1940.75 which i pay monthly at an APR 0f 40.3%

Can anyone tell me if i am able to cancel this Insurance? I have read my terms & conditions for Information about cancelling the PPI but cannot find anything. Also do you think it is worth trying to claim all my PPI payments back??

Does anybody have a template for a letter to cancel?

Thank You In advance

I took out car finance with the Funding Corporation and was told that i had to take out PPI. The PPI premium was £1940.75 which i pay monthly at an APR 0f 40.3%

Can anyone tell me if i am able to cancel this Insurance? I have read my terms & conditions for Information about cancelling the PPI but cannot find anything. Also do you think it is worth trying to claim all my PPI payments back??

Does anybody have a template for a letter to cancel?

Thank You In advance

Hello,

Please read this sticky it is extremely useful to decide whether you feel the ppi was mis-sold to you.

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants

This is new info and equally important to read

PPI Claims

See what you think after you read these.

There are a few letter to send re canceling your ppi about the different threads.

Ask if you need help

Good luck

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 1 year later...

Hello, i work for a company who deal with PPI and ASU claims ... i have read that some people are being charged for claiming back their payments ... we do not do this. we are NO WIN NO FEE. If anybody would like any more infomation please dont hesitate to email me ... {[edit]

Edited by freakyleaky
Watch out, there are Claims Touts about!

Please read the site rules Laura.

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

A topic/post will be edited or deleted if it contains:

Touting for business in any way

Offering to advise members by PM or email without good reason - If it is felt that a subject is "sensitive" and would be better discussed off-forum, we ask that members contact a member of the site team BEFORE asking for contact details. This rule is in place to protect our members from claims touts, and also to ensure that any advice given is open to debate, qualification, and where necessary, correction.

• 1 year later...

Hi all

going through a lot of crap with this firm,i've been paying since Feb 06, I have a new car now so i spoke with TFC and asked can i early terminate(only have a year left to pay) their answere roodley was I can not settle early as the contract is a BILL OF SALE not HP.

any advice on this?

ps

Gillypam if i have to pay it off am gonna pay 50pence per month lol

i would advise anyone considering claiming back ppi from TFC to go for it, but be prepared for a dirty fight and use the FOS, they are still very good despite what some say, TFC will fight you every step of the way and even when you win they will still keep trying with the most underhand tactics to avoid paying you, they are cocky and threatening and they like to try and re write financial law, keep your cool, don't give up and make sure you keep every letter and record the details of every phone call, also keep notes on who you speak to and what dept they are from, i am still fighting them and i won my ppi case almost 5 months ago!!.

GDC

**Update**

TFC have refused my claim for PPI twice so I have tried a couple of PPI "No Win No Fee" claims companies. Both of the PPI claim companies have returned my claims to me and have told me that the only way forward is to use the FOS. Unfortunately because my PPI was taken out in 2004, TFC apparently wherenot regulated by FOS.

Any suggestions on my next move?

I would try submitting a complaint to the FOS anyway and see what happens, they may look at it on merit if it is a strong claim, just because TFC were not regulated before 2004 doesn't mean they can do what they like, give it a try and see what happens.

GDC

I would try submitting a complaint to the FOS anyway and see what happens, they may look at it on merit if it is a strong claim, just because TFC were not regulated before 2004 doesn't mean they can do what they like, give it a try and see what happens.

GDC

It has been over 18 months since i personaly asked TFC to refund the PPI although a couple of claims monkeys have tried recently. Should i try for 1 more final time before i use the FOS?

Thanks gavv8

I am also thinking of using the PPI refund as a trading tool...... I have after 2 years got the TFC to remove £838 charges they have added to the account. They have told me that they will add the charges back on again if i do not pay the outstanding balance by the end of June.

Now the PPI is more than the outstanding balance so I may ask TFC rather than dragging the PPI and charges out would they write the balance off and consider the matter closed.

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I am also a victim of The Funding Corporation Loans. I took a personal loan of £6,000.00 with company on 24/2/2004, on the phone, so I was told was that the number of years the loan will take and also how much I will be paying per month. I was also told that the credit agreement will be couried to my house (biker) who brought the agreement and stood there for me to sign and then take the original back so to be honest I did not have time to read the agreement at all. Because of the way PPI has been highlighted recently, I decided to find out whether my loan had ppi and guess what yes my loan had ppi which I did not know about. This is the way the credit agreement stated

PP1 £2,884.40

Loan £6,000.00

Interest £2,487.60

Total £11,352.00

========

Payment per month £189.20 for 62 months - APR 9.9%

I settled this loan 30/6/2004 - settlment amount - £9,252.73

If anyone on this thread has similar case or knows how I should go about this please help me. From previous threads, I know they are a hard nut to crack so I need alot of help to deal with them. Thanking you all in advance.

post 2 applies

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Kabulya,

According to my calculations and in line with the FOS guidelines your claim should be:

PPI: £2884.40

Compound interest: £811.93

8% on monthly repayments: £1,173.41

8% on total since settlement: £371.05

Total claim = £5,240.79

Now go get your money back.

DJ

Hi DJ,

Many thanks for your encouragement. I have drafted a letter to send it to them by special delivery on Monday morning. I will keep you posted when I receive a reply from them.

Thanks also for calculating how much they owe me. I want that money now.

Hi DJ,

As promised to come back to report reply to my complaint letter to Funding Corporation, it arrived this morning 8/10/2010, below is the content of it:-

Thank you for your letter dated 4 October 2010.

You entered into the Credit Agreement on or around 23 February 2004. The basis of your claim is that you were mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) on or around the same date. As more than 6 years have passed since the date of the alleged mis-selling of the PPI, your claim is statute barred pursuant to Section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980.

Due to the date that you were sold PPI we also do not believe that your complaint falls under the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service,

Signed by Complaints Officer.

DJ - any ideas on what to do next.

wrong

PPI complaints are coverd by section 32c

'when' you became aware'

not from the date of contract/agreement.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

39. Section 32 of the Act provides, so far as relevant:

"(1) …. where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either—

(a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or

(b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff's right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or

© the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it. ….

dx

Edited by dx100uk
opss missed the imp bit!

and they

the FOS will love that quote esp if you have the agreement too!

typically now if you have the agreement, the FOS make to Co. cough.

dx

and they

Hi DX,

I now have the agreement plus the letter, I think it would be pointless to write because it would just be dragging things so to be honest I should just contact the FOS with copies of my agreement plus this letter - what do you think. Any suggestion on how I should word the letter to the FOS?.

DX - you are a treasure - thanks for everything.

it'l drag anyway even if you go to the FOS

pers i'd write the woman back and point out the crass error and the need to research things before trying to fob-off customers.

your 1st letter from the FOS would only be have you got a final responce from the OC yet anyhow.

dx

and they