• Tweets

• Okay so potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
    • Currently - "the maximum daily price at 100p / kWh for electricity and 30p / kWh for gas – keep in mind that's a lot higher than the Ofgem Energy Price Cap, so if you can't afford prices to increase further, you're probably better off sticking with a protected tariff such as Flexible Octopus." Octopus Tracker is a product of our labs, available now to customers through our beta programme. Octopus Tracker is a beta product. Some things may not work the first time, and installations and processes may take longer than we'd like. Third party tech like In-home Displays won't always work, and on occasion data issues with smart meters can take significant time to fix or prevent things from working at all.   Copied straight from octopus   Feel free to shove it somewhere else    
    • depends what the fees are, typically nothing can be added once judgement is passed bar litigation costs. on document retention time limits etc at least 6yrs previous must be held though many hold complete info. as for acronyms and abbreviations ideally yes they should     
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Letter recieved from the Coop - please advise

Shadow4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

I am new to all this and wondered if someone could please give me some advice. I sent the DPA letter to the co-op and recieved a list of all the charges applied to my account over the last 6 years - they total £3k and when I have used the interest calculator come to a whopping £7600! I then sent them the 14 days before I will take action letter - the deadline being this Thursday, they have replied back to me to say they are looking into my compaint and will deal with it within 40 days, do I wait for them to respond or do I file in court on Thursday - the 15th day? any advice would be really appriecated. Thanks x :-?

no - go ahead - it's YOUR claim - not theirs.

If you owed them money and they said we want it in 14 days, and you said to them, I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll get around to it in about 6 weeks........ well....need I say more??!!

Good luck & keep us posted.

How have you calculated the interest? For it to go from £3k to over £7.5k is abnormal.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

How have you calculated the interest? For it to go from £3k to over £7.5k is abnormal.

i used the interest calculator on every amount since year 6

some of the amounts we got charged back then were £100 + per time

and thats what it came out at.

Which spreadsheet did you use and what rate of interest did you use? For example, statutory interest is 8% simple interest. If you take your total charges of £3000 and calculate 8% per year, you get £1446.06, you do not get another £3600. And that is if you presume you got charged the whole £3000 in one go, six years ago today.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

This is interest calculated at 29.8% and not the statutory rate of 8%, it is also a compound interest calculation.

Have you explained in your letters to the Coop that you are charging them interest at this rate and why?

Hi I sent the 3rd letter to the Coop saying I would be taking this to Court etc. received a letter from them this morning saying they will investigate and take 4 weeks, I rang them and they insisted they were within their rights to take 8 weeks and were not very nice about it. Do I wait for them or do I go ahead, though they said that they were within their rights?? Can anyone help me? Thanks

Hi I sent the 3rd letter to the Coop saying I would be taking this to Court etc. received a letter from them this morning saying they will investigate and take 4 weeks, I rang them and they insisted they were within their rights to take 8 weeks and were not very nice about it. Do I wait for them or do I go ahead, though they said that they were within their rights?? Can anyone help me? Thanks

No you do not wait, you stick to your own timetable.

Please also start your own thread, this is someone elses.

Click the "New Thread" button at the top of this page http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cooperative-bank/

now i see we have made a mess of our first claim-probs why the banks have charged us lol

what can we do to rectify our incorrect calculation ?

:oops:

You have not made a mess of anything. You may resend your LBA and at this stage and until you file a court claim, you are not entitled to charge interest - so do not worry about it.

The spreadsheets to enable you to calculate your interest are here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Thanks for all your help guys - I wonder if you would be able to give me some more advice. I have sent my 14 day LBA to the Coop and I am going to send the account is in dispute letter to the DCA. Last year I owed the Coop £200 in penalty charges they applied to my account, as I was in a lot of debt I contacted CCCS who told me to open a new bank account and transfer my wages etc into it, which I did. I then wrote to the Coop with a copy of my budget statement which the CCCS done for me, showing I was only able to make token payments each month. They would not accept this and transferred my account to a DCA. I have still been paying them my token payments but I now owe them £600 - Can I claim back the £400 in charges they have added to my account as the reason I owed them £200 in the first place was due to unlawful penalty charges and the Coop actually now owe me around £2700 in penalty charges. Also if the Coop do pay me out, will they take the £600 I now owe to the DCA out of this amount?

You should write to the DCA with a DPA SAR and find out precisely how they have come to this figure of £600 - and yes, if these are penalty charges you may claim them all back.

When the Coop repay your charges, they should not pay them to anyone else but you, certainly not to a third party, the DCA. Which DCA is it?

Hi Thanks for your reply. The DCA is called Scotcall Debt Collecting Services, based in Glasgow. I did send them my budget statment and have been paying them token payments ever since but they must have been adding charges to my account as my last letter from the Coop states that I owe them £200 and they are transferring me to them and a recent letter from Scotcall states that my outstanding balance with them is £600.

Then you must serve Scotcall with a SAR letter and puruse them in the same way that you are pursuing the Coop.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I sent my LBA to the Co op and today is now the 15th day - do I now file in court or do I need to send them another letter first? The only reply I have had from them is a letter stating that they will look into my complaint which can take them up to 40 days. Thanks

Strictly, you should give them 14 days plus 2 to allow for the delivery of your letter. But once that deadline expires, then issue your claim.

Look here for details.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

I am just filling the court claim forms in now and I am going to post them off registered post tomorrow but I have a couple of queries;

How do I find the address of my local county court?

on the claim form under values I have listed the charges, under the overdraft interest is that the amount of interest of 8% that the have charged on the charges?

How do I work out the interest under s.69 of the county courts act 1984?

I think I will not have to pay the court fee as all the charges and penaltys from various banks and credit card companies have left us in financial difficulties and I have a budget from the CCCS showing this - should I send a copy to the court and apply to be exempt from charges?

Also if I am exempt do I put the charge down for the court fee I should have paid?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I have filled out the form properly before I send it off.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/

Regarding the interest, use the spreadsheet from the template library - it calculates the interest for you.

In order to be exempt from charges you need to complete an EX160 - look here for details.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=9

If you are exempt then you leave that section of the form blank.