What now???

fartypants
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter from Abbey saying that they cannot provide me with the info I asked for (SAR) because it is more than 6 years old, they have sent me some duplicate statements but they don't really show alot certainley not all the dates charges were applied on my account, so what do I do now? how can I claim charges if I don't know for sure how much and when they were charged???:confused:

there is a thread somewhere where it states abbey have a/c details from 1920!!

i'd write again and remind them it is their duty to comply with your request by the specified timescale.

dx100uk;)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am having the same dilemma, a member on here also went to court and at the last minute abbey produced a peice of paper saying that they routinely destroyed things over 6 years old, trouble is, how can we prove that Abbey have them? They are stored by an external company called Ricoh, personally I cant understand why the judge just accepted this, there should be certificates of destruction, I would suggest you file a complaint with the information commissioner requesting certificates of destruction, it might take a few months but it might be worth it. Hope this helps

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I sent Abbey an SAR which they have not yet sent all the details, but today I received a statement from them showing that the outstanding balance had been written off, this is great but I have been paying this debt through a DMP to moorcroft for the past 2 years, so if Abbey have written it off will moorcroft still chase me for money? do I send Moorcroft a copy of the statement showing the debt written off? any advice would be great.:confused:

well certainly i would not pay anyone anymore money on this debt.

but, does wriiten off, mean someone else has brought it, hence moorcroft.

what date was it written off?

if you have been payning mooorcroft money past this time, why and what for? get it back.

my thoughts lie with contacting moorcroft, tell them you want to know the opening balance they aquired from abbey then see if that corresponds with the abbey figure at write off. and what it stands at now.

i would not say you know it has been written off incase they try and pull a fast one.

my thoughts anyhow.

dx100uk:D

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

I have received a statement from Abbey stating that the amount owing has been written off! am i able to reclaim any money I have already pay them through the Debt management company it went through?

• 3 months later...

I have today received SAR information, what do I do know to reclaim back lots of bank charges?

Abbey have already sold this account over to Moorcroft who are chasing me for the money, I wrote to M/C and enclosed my final bank statement from Abbey showing the balance at nil, they have written back saying that they are collecting on behalf of Abbey and it has to be paid, they have out my account on hold until 3rd Sept. What do I do know?:confused:

Put in your claim with the court and let Moorcroft and Abbey know that you are indispute over this account and they will have to wait for the outcome. There are some good templates on this site (library) which should help.

something really silly somewhere here.

you've been paying moorcroft for a debt that was written off by abbey.?

if that is the case, get it al back

seems like someone has been obtaining money under false pretences........

or in the words of the law .......... fraud!

go get 'em

dx100uk

and they

don't forget you need to do a prelim & LBA before filing at court but you should still send the letter of dispute to MC & Abbey.

Can I just ask how far back the information you received went? your earlier post suggested it was further back than 6 years and ok, it took then 4 months to find it but worth waiting for....?