No response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Can someone give me advice? I posted a letter to Nat West on the 24th of February asking for a statement of all my bank charges over the last 6 years, but have not yet had a response. I made sure that the letter was sent to the right address. Should I now go to the next step and write to the ombudsment or send the letter again, but this time by registered post. Advice welcome.

Thanks.:-?

Guest sihum

Hi Pats

First class is enough - did you send payment with the letter ?

The 40 days is up - you need to send the non complaince with the DPA letter and complain to the Information Commissioners Office.

This is an example of the non compliance letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Don't restart your 40 days.

Si

Guest louis wu

Hi Pat, the question raised by Sihum is important. If they have not banked your cheque, they may claim that they never recieved your request. Can I recomend that everything you send is done by recorded delivery, it helps avoid situations like this. (It is a sad, but true, fact, that the banks will go to any lengths to stall your claim)

You need to give them a further 7 days, as per the letter in sihums link, and then commence a legal action to get your statements, but ONLY if you can prove they have recieved your letter (yes I know proof of posting....etc, but if you are about to challenge them in court, the judge is going to need some evidence)

So, if the cheque has been cashed, your ok (to be on the safe side, leave it 40 days from time of banking), if not, start again is my advice. Sorry:-( If you decide to just go for it and take them to court as SI suggests, then you need to be very confident and aware of the legal arguments that can/will be used. I, for one, would NOT do it unless I had all the proof(again, just my opinion). Dont forget, something like 11 million first class letters go missing every year, and their just the ones that royal mail admit to.