Halk V. Virgin MBNA

Halk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's been a while since I went up against a virgin....

Anyway.

Around 2-3 years ago I ran into problems with a Virgin card. I was a student at the time, and money was tight. I went over my limit and it snowballed to a ridiculous level. I couldn't estimate the charges, however, I expect it's several hundred pounds.

I've written up a letter which I'll be posting on tuesday. Actually I've written two, one to Bank of Scotland, and one to MBNA.

It's the MBNA one I'm asking about in here though.

I understand the OFT announced that any credit card fees over £12 would be investigated, as they considered them to be unfair, but that any charges under £12 may or may not be fair.

While I had my Virgin card they were charging me, I believe, £25 on each occasion.

Should I be claiming for £13 for each charge (25-12) or should I be claiming for the full amount?

I'll keep this thread up to date with the responses from MBNA.

Having done a bit of reading already, I've decided to enclose a photocopy of my passport, a £10 cheque (Who do I make it out to?), and send the letter by registered, or whatever it's called these days mail.

Is there anything else I should do in order to avoid MBNA delaying things, or returning my request for any reason?

Thanks!

It's been a while since I went up against a virgin....

Anyway.

Around 2-3 years ago I ran into problems with a Virgin card. I was a student at the time, and money was tight. I went over my limit and it snowballed to a ridiculous level. I couldn't estimate the charges, however, I expect it's several hundred pounds.

I've written up a letter which I'll be posting on tuesday. Actually I've written two, one to Bank of Scotland, and one to MBNA.

It's the MBNA one I'm asking about in here though.

I understand the OFT announced that any credit card fees over £12 would be investigated, as they considered them to be unfair, but that any charges under £12 may or may not be fair.

While I had my Virgin card they were charging me, I believe, £25 on each occasion.

Should I be claiming for £13 for each charge (25-12) or should I be claiming for the full amount?

I'll keep this thread up to date with the responses from MBNA.

Having done a bit of reading already, I've decided to enclose a photocopy of my passport, a £10 cheque (Who do I make it out to?), and send the letter by registered, or whatever it's called these days mail.

Is there anything else I should do in order to avoid MBNA delaying things, or returning my request for any reason?

Thanks!

Hi I am claiming full amount have a good read of the MBNA forum they will try offering the difference saying something along the lines we are governed by fso BLA BLA BLA this is a load of you know what. The charges are unlawfull and as such you can reclaim all of them plus interest.

dpick:oops:

yup dpick is right - and just make cheque out to MBNA Europe Bank - do you have a copy of the original agreement? I not, it's definitely worth sending a CCA request (£1), as when MBNA took over a lot of cards, the agreements seem to go awol.

Be sure to read all the other MBNA threads (lots of them I'm afraid!) and keep us posted.