Financial Obudsman Service - Complaints

MCPR82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Couldn't find anything much thread wise re the FOS - so in for a penny as they say........

I am about to write to the FOS in respect of Barclaycard - who, to put it simply, do not reply to correspondence (I've written 4 letters and sent countless 'secure' E-Mails via their website- which they acknowledge and then ignore).

In my last letter (sent recorded delivery and signed for at 10.18 on 27 March 2007) I informed them, that I would be making a formal complaint and contacting FOS if I did not receive a considered response to my previous correspondence within five working days (4 April). I've had nothing - so before I put finger to keyboard, I wondered if there was a template(s) or advice in respect of contacting the FOS. :confused:

Thank You !! :)

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to NatWest 30 March 07

Statements received 2 May

SAR sent Barclays 30 March 07

SAR sent Barclaycard 30 March 2007

SAR sent RBS 5 April 2007

They are probably not that intimidated by a threat to the FOS. However, threatening court action over non- or partial compliance with a SAR usually gets a response. Judging by your sig.... you are a tad too early. What are you trying to get them to respond to ?

Or of course they are just incompetent ?

I’m trying to get them to agree to a token repayment plan (most of my other card providers have agreed to this – and some time ago as well it must be said) as I don't have any PPI on my Barclaycards.

Thanks for your thoughts though !! :)

When I have made token repayments in the past, I have included a cheque in with the "request". Once the cheque is cashed, you can then argue that they have accepted.

;)

Priority

I never knew that....I did not think that was an option;) but now I know

When I have made token repayments in the past, I have included a cheque in with the "request". Once the cheque is cashed, you can then argue that they have accepted.

;)

Good thinking - I've, to date, made my token payments (with those who haven't agreed) using the paying slip on my statements. They haven't refunded it - so I guess you could argue (somewhat weakly I admit) that they have accepted ? :)