Mercers / Baclaycard (One and the same ??)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As far as I understand it :confused: Mercers debt collections limited (that is how their letterhead is printed), who give their address as PO Box No 55, Liverpool, L32 8XX (Registered Office Citypoint, One Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9SS) are part of / or are Barclaycard.

They use envelopes (always 2nd class business postage paid) with PO Box 54 Northampton on the reverse. They usually also enclose an pre-printed envelope (non pre-paid of course) addressed to Barclaycard, Dept PP, Bolton, Great Britain, BL11 1XX. Any 'correspondence' from them seems always to be dated at least 4 working days before it enters the postal system - where it is often postmarked to show this.

They are also fond of asking you to call them on 0870 410 0385 which of course is a premium rate (4p a minute at least plus 3p connection charge) number. They never give you their regional number 01514732528, which, of course, is considerably cheaper.

I would be interested to know from others on here if they know how Mercers fit into the scheme of things - are they Barclaycard or DCA's for Barclaycard, or ????

Thanks in advance Ladies & Gentlemen !! :)

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to NatWest 30 March 07

Statements received 2 May

SAR sent Barclays 30 March 07

SAR sent Barclaycard 30 March 2007

SAR sent RBS 5 April 2007

Those are my thoughts - be interesting to see if anyone knows anymore or has any more details though.

A quick look at the Companies House Website.....

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

shows that Mercers were up until 10/7/1991 called BARSHELFCO (NUMBER 49) LIMITED

and Barclaycard have the names BARSHELFCO (NUMBER 28) LIMITED and BARSHELFCO (NUMBER 28) LIMITED shown against them on 8/2/1991 and again on 10/7/1992.

It may mean nothing (I'm no expert on Company Registrations) - but someone out there may know.

Those are my thoughts - be interesting to see if anyone knows anymore or has any more details though.

A quick look at the Companies House Website.....

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

shows that Mercers were up until 10/7/1991 called BARSHELFCO (NUMBER 49) LIMITED

and Barclaycard have the names BARSHELFCO (NUMBER 28) LIMITED and BARSHELFCO (NUMBER 28) LIMITED shown against them on 8/2/1991 and again on 10/7/1992.

It may mean nothing (I'm no expert on Company Registrations) - but someone out there may know.

dont know why my post had 2 cool logos on it - numbers should read 28 (in both cases)