Advise needed re CCJ enforcement letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hoping someone can give me some advice, I'm getting worried now, have not been well, suffering from anxiety and depression after a messy divorce involving children:cry:

I buried my head in the sand to all the debts, moved house and didnt tell any of them, stupid yes I know, well most have caught up with me and I'm about 56k in debt, long story but borrowed peter to pay paul and to help keep a roof over my and the kids head when the husband would not support us.

I have 2 CCJ's with Egg, didnt get any of the paperwork as I moved, I have today received a letter from my old county court saying "Notice of Transfer of Proceedings" it says "to all parties this claim has been transferred to the ******* county court (my local one) for enforcement.

I'm unemployed, made redundant in Oct, living on my redundancy money, havent even started to think about claiming benefits, not too good with any pressure at the moment.

I do not know what to do, I rent, have no income, have little redundancy money left, have nothing of any considerable value, what I have pays the rent and essential bills, until I can pull myself out of this rut I have got into, considered bankruptcy but the thought of court is all too much, think I would just buckle under the stress.

I looked at the court site and found the application for suspension of a warrant, do I need to send this yet?

Not sure what the letter of enforcement means, can someone advise?

Thanks

J

Have a read here and come back and let me know your thoughts, and we will see where we can go from there.

For emotional support following your divorce have a look over at Divorce: ondivorce for friendly community support

Most of all look after yourself, and takee things day by day, we are here to help.

Take care

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hoping someone can give me some advice, I'm getting worried now, have not been well, suffering from anxiety and depression after a messy divorce involving children:cry:

I buried my head in the sand to all the debts, moved house and didnt tell any of them, stupid yes I know, well most have caught up with me and I'm about 56k in debt, long story but borrowed peter to pay paul and to help keep a roof over my and the kids head when the husband would not support us.

You did the best that you could at the time.... it's not easy trying to raise children with no support from the ex. Can you try and itemise what the debts are for ? How old are they ? Are you making any payments at present ? Are there any others with CCJs ? Are they joint debts ?

I have 2 CCJ's with Egg, didnt get any of the paperwork as I moved, I have today received a letter from my old county court saying "Notice of Transfer of Proceedings" it says "to all parties this claim has been transferred to the ******* county court (my local one) for enforcement.

I'm unemployed, made redundant in Oct, living on my redundancy money, havent even started to think about claiming benefits, not too good with any pressure at the moment.

You need to make a claim for Benefits as soon as you can... they used to send the forms out in certain circumstances, but I am not sure if this is still the case. However, your redundancy money will not last forever.... do not wait until it runs out before you get your claim processed.

I do not know what to do, I rent, have no income, have little redundancy money left, have nothing of any considerable value, what I have pays the rent and essential bills, until I can pull myself out of this rut I have got into, considered bankruptcy but the thought of court is all too much, think I would just buckle under the stress.

Being in debt is not a criminal offence. It's often criminalised, which makes you feel like poo.... but that's not the same thing. Thankfully, the days of being flung into a debtor's jail are over.... :) Basically, no-one can take from you what you cannot afford to pay. Although a CCJ will require you to make payments by law... these will be based upon what you can realistically afford to pay. This is one of the reasons why you need to get your claim for Benefits processed.... it offers you some protection because means-tested Benefits are recognised as being the basic amount necessary for a family to live on..... with not much left over for anything else.

I looked at the court site and found the application for suspension of a warrant, do I need to send this yet?

I am not sure this applies to your situation.

Not sure what the letter of enforcement means, can someone advise?

In connection with a CCJ ? It means that Judgement was obtained against you for a debt... and payments will need to be made. If you can try and answer some of the questions and give us a bit more info. on what's owed, we will try and help. You are not alone... all of us on here have either gone through similar.... or are still going through it.

Thanks

J

:)

Have a read here and come back and let me know your thoughts, and we will see where we can go from there.

For emotional support following your divorce have a look over at Divorce: ondivorce for friendly community support

Most of all look after yourself, and takee things day by day, we are here to help.

Take care

well it seems from that bankruptcy is my only option, I do not have any employment, doctor has said I am not fit for work. I looked at the bankruptcy application earlier, looked pretty complex.

I'm concerned I am going to have a court bailiff turn up at my door re the egg ccj and really need to know if I should apply to suspend the warrant, I take it they will notify me if they are going to attend.

Thanks PriOne

I'm not paying any of my debts at the moment, I do the head in the sand bit and file them away along with the DCA letters.

I have CreditSolutions chasing me for Barclaycard about 8k, Fredrickson for Abbey Credit Card about 7k, and someone else chaing me re Cahoot flexible loan at about 12k, they are all recent and paid them like clockwork up to Aug last year when I just didnt have the money to pay them.

I will file my benefit application online asap, plus my doctor told me to apply for incapacity benefit for the time being as well as I am unable to work.

Egg have been the worse so far, the others have been writing for about 6 months and have not done anything else so far.

I never knew about the CCJ, I cannot pay the full sum, about 23k, as I have had a court letter through re enforcement I'm really worried now:(

Hi... this is only a quick reply, as I have to go out...

Your main concern at the moment are the CCJ debts. You cannot bury your head in the sand with a CCJ debt, no matter how much you want to run away from it all.

I am not sure of the procedure for suspending a warrant.... it may be an idea to post a thread in the Bailiff section, directing people to this thread. However, if all you can offer is between £1 - £5 a month on this debt, then that is all that they can recover from you. Getting the full wack out of someone is usually a pipe dream ! Paying something will protect you from further action on this.... so will claiming Benefits.

I am sure someone will be along to advise you on dealing with the present CCJ enforcement letter....

:)