LyncusBee versus Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Well I finally hauled myself into gear and went through all my statements and sent an initial letter with £622 of charges listed without interest applied and sent it off to Trinity Road.

Today I received a response saying

' The Financial Services Authority gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints' '...is that we will respond to your concerns a the earliest possible opportunity' 'If, for any reason, we are unable to respond fully to your concerns within the next 4 weeks we will write to update you of our progress.'

So should I stick to my original 14 days stated in the initial letter before sending a notice before action with interest applied, or must I abide by the 8 weeks they claim is set out by the FSA?

I have an overdraft of £500 with them so I wholly expect them to demand immediate repayment of that before even considering copitulating, which I can do.

My other concern is that there has been talk of matters changing shortly which could restrict or reduce the amount people may claim back so will this apply to complaints registered after that date or to all unsettled ones? This would explain the stalling tactic instead of complete rejection by the bank.

Any help gratefully received.

Hi, LyncusBee.

You have hit the nail right on the head, stick to your timetable. The bank will do everthing it can to delay the process. I've had two claims paid out in full by HBOS the first one they stalled as long as they could, the second they ignored my Prelim Letter, my LBA and my court dates. Got my money last week. So hang in there and you will get your cash back.

Best wishes with your claim.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I still don't understand the deal with interest how it is calculated or when you should apply it...

I'm now ready to send a LBA and the template states 'I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.'

Taken is the sum of charges over six years since my preliminary letter, but overdraft interest? Well I have no idea what the interest would have been at what rate and even when I was above or below my overdraft limit... or is this the 8% that is calculated by the spreadsheet?

So when and how do I calculate interest and do I include it in the LBA breakldown?

The final problem is I have no way from my sttements of differentiating the charge type DD or OD as they just appear as 'Charges as notified' will this affect my claim if I do not specify the charge type in the breakdown?

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit no brainer but I am a third year undergraduate and have my dissertation and project due in in a few weks time so I am up to my eyeballs but could well use the monies!

Any help greatfully appreciated.