Stokerockscene vs HSBC

stokerockscene
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I have had no problems whatsoever in my time with HSBC / Midland Bank (26 years i think) and have probably only gone overdrawn once or twice by a maximum of £30 in about 6/7 years.

HSBC have charged me £25 'Service Charges' for going overdrawn by £27 in February, further to this i accidently went overdrawn by £5 last week and fear i will once again be charged another £25 at the end of the month.

I have sent an email of complaint to HSBC's quality team asking for the charges to be refunded to me, they replied 10 days ago and said they would investigate the claim and inform me of the outcome.

I was getting pretty annoyed as i wanted an answer within the week, so i rang HSBC and they said because of the sheer amount of complaints of this nature it would take upto 8 weeks to sort out.

------

Has anybody successfully claimed back bank charges for going overdrawn by an amount less than £30?

Often if it is the first time then they will very kindly refund the charge. It doesn't matter what amount you are claiming it won't affect whether you will get it back. I would have thought that it would be easier for HSBC in your case just to give the money back. However, this is HSBC we are talking about and it may take a while but you will get it.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

No reason why you shouldn’t go the whole route with them, if you do get to MCOL stage it will only cost you £30.00 to file and will double what they have to pay you back in their settlement offer, they don’t seem worried by doubling your overdraft so why should you worry if you do the same to them.

pete