Timetable

anthonyenglish

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I sent away my letters to HSBC. I have 3 accounts and all have been hit with significant charges, amounting to almost 6k with interest.

This weekend was to mark the LBA letters being sent off. However, today I got 3 standard letters stating

'I am looking into the matters you have raised and will contact you with a full response as soon as I have completed my investigations.'

So what do I do? Do I delay the LBA letters to allow them to complete their investigations or do I stick to my timetable?

Any responses are very much appreciated.

As Lattie says everyone gets this letter saying they will investigate and come back to you in a few weeks. I not sure if they actually do cause most people don't wait to find out! 14 days for prelim; 14 days for LBA then off to court. HSBC are a huge company with massive profits and the could easily investigate things within a couple of days if they chose too but they don't. :)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

not everyone! some get no response at all and some get the glossy pamphlet and the letter saying - our charges are fair and you signed up for them now go away and die! at least you got the fob off and not the sod off!

Didn’t you get the full set Give?

The first one says they are looking into it and they will let you know, then about 4 weeks later you get one apologising for not having completed their investigations and giving a date of approximately 4 weeks in the future when they will contact you again with the results. The final letter of the trilogy says they have completed their investigations and they are correct charging you loads of money but here’s a nice shiny leaflet telling you how to write to the ombudsman to issue a complaint, which would be fine but it has nothing to do with claiming charges back.

Total wasted time about 10 weeks

Total Time from LBA to Settlement Castlebest v HSBC 10 weeks

CAG works

pete