Penalty Interest and beyond 6 years

BANKRIPOFF77

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Can anyone advise if, as part of my claim, it is OK to claim back interest charged from the bank (lloyds) at 'unauthorised interest rates' which were obviously charged at much higher than their standard overdraft rates?

Also, I initially started my claim off through the bank some 3 / 4 years ago, this was comprised of a number of issues including penalty charges and eventually after receiving their 'final decision' went to the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman's decision was not good, but was not accepted in the time limit or acted upon. My question is, as the bank were notified of my claim, can I go back beyond the 6 year time limit?

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I just want to clarify, though, that the unauthorised rate of interest they have charged when they have 'allowed' the 'unauthorised' borrowing is separate from interest that I should be entitled to in my claim. I may have a good reciprocal argument to apply the same unauthorised rate to all my claim for the money I feel is owed, but, when they have charged this to my account, does this fall under the same unlawful penalties category as the £30 plus letter charges? And therefore easier to ask for repayment of without having to justify reciprocity?