Breezy v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now and thought it's about time I started my own thread.

I am attempting to reclaim charges for two accounts with the Halifax and have so far just received the standard acknowledment letters stating they have 8 weeks etc etc. I have sent off my LBA letters for both and the deadline is nearly up.

Guess it gets very scary from now!

Will keep you all posted.

Well this is a quick update.

Just received post this morning and another letter from Halifax Leeds saying they are still investigating complaint but will reply asap. They had sent this letter to my previous address despite their first acknowledgment letter coming to my current address :idea:

Also noticed the letter is not on actual letterheaded paper but a black and white photocopied sheet of very thin paper, so checked my first letter and that too is printed onto a photocopy of a letterhead. Surely all these claims can't have resulted in them having run out of paper :rolleyes:

Re: Contractual Interest

I am currently completing Mindzai's spreadsheet to calculate contractual Interest of 28.8% at the unauthorised rate, for charges between 1995-2000.

I am only halfway through adding in the interest columns/balance on the right hand side and the total of the interest is already over £6,500 for charges total of just under £1,000!!! For example:

June 1995 - £2.50 charge - £46.83 Com Int = £49.33 total

May 1997 - £20.00 charge - £222.73 Com Int = £242.73 total

As I am going to be adding this period of charges ie pre 6 years (in an amended letter) to my present claim of £1900 making the total of the charges less than £3,000, I have a couple of questions:

1. Have I gone horribly wrong somewhere in the spreadsheet to get such a figure for interest or am I interpreting it incorrectly (probably)?

2. The interest is going to be phenomenal and added to the total of my charges will obviously exceed the £5,000 for small claims. Do we have a definitive answer on whether contractual interest is/isn't included as part of the claim and therefore a factor in deciding whether it is small claims or not?

Appreciate any help.

hi Breezy, in relation to question 1 I have checked your figures on my spreadsheet and they are correct!:D

I don't think we do have a definitive answer to question 2 yet. I was going to write to the courts customer service unit but haven't got around to it yet.

Thanks Bong (was hoping you would reply :D )

Crikey, when I complete the spreadsheet tomorrow (too tired now to stare at figures and columns) I dread to think what the interest is going to come to (new kitchen extension, sports car???)

Back to reality, if you do manage to find answer to Q2 it would really help as once I've completed this task tomorrow and amalgamated all the charges (6 years + pre-6 years) into one spreadsheet, it's obviously going to determine what my next move is.

I guess I may have to forget about contractual interest if it's not going to be a viable option but we'll see.

Breezy

Breezy v Halifax

Thanks Bong (was hoping you would reply :D )

Crikey, when I complete the spreadsheet tomorrow (too tired now to stare at figures and columns) I dread to think what the interest is going to come to (new kitchen extension, sports car???)

Back to reality, if you do manage to find answer to Q2 it would really help as once I've completed this task tomorrow and amalgamated all the charges (6 years + pre-6 years) into one spreadsheet, it's obviously going to determine what my next move is.

I guess I may have to forget about contractual interest if it's not going to be a viable option but we'll see.

Breezy

Breezy v Halifax

Hi BREEZY,

Thats the beauty of CI. I have charges of £1035 and a claim for 96-07 (Only one charge in 2007 the rest between 96-99) and my interest totals £13'156 bringing total claim amount as of todays date to £14,191.00 as of todays date.

Tanz

Hi BREEZY,

Thats the beauty of CI. I have charges of £1035 and a claim for 96-07 (Only one charge in 2007 the rest between 96-99) and my interest totals £13'156 bringing total claim amount as of todays date to £14,191.00 as of todays date.

Tanz

Hi Tanz, I nipped over to have a read through your threads but noticed you have quite a few!!! Which claim is the one you refer to above?

Breezy

Breezy v Halifax